Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

freshman with a problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mxggurrl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mxggurrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: freshman with a problem
    Posted: April 15 2000 at 10:28pm
OK, since last summer, i have been straightening my hair every day for school, but recently i've bee nwanting to wear it curly, just as a change of pace... the only problem is, my hair is uneven. I have almost tight ringlets in the front, and they get looser and looser as you go back on my head.... should i grow my hair out (it's about chin length when straightened, and angled back), or what? I have no idea what to do!
ramgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 6:45pm
I think it'll look good. I'm freshman too, and at my school what ever i do is OK for hair. (clothes were the same way till the staff remembered that we have a dress code. Drat!) My hair is like yours; curly in front, not-really in back. Hope this helps!
Curly_Sue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly_Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2000 at 10:48am
yes let it grow out you can do more styles that way i have hair so curly it looks like fresh springs. I have learned to fis my hair in different styles and they get easier as it grows just more expencive. the uneven thing people wont really notice it unless it is 3 to4 inches in difference. If they do tell them it is a style.
Curls_02 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curls_02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2000 at 11:37pm
Dear Freshman with a problem:
(I'm a sophmore with the poodle hair):) I know exactly what you are talking about. Except my hair does the exact opposite your's does. If I were you I would let your hair grow out at least an inch or two past your shoulders. Then another thing you might want to try: When you wash your hair, and your going to fix it, put all the gels and sprays and everything on your hair then take a comb and comb out all the kinky parts and let it dry. Try to use your fingers to scrunch up the back where your hair is wavy. Hope this helps you. By the way, what do you use to straighten your hair and does it work well?
WhitneyPhly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhitneyPhly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2000 at 10:27pm
Hey! Your hair sounds exactly the same as mine...about it being uneven. I have ringlets in the front and then in the back its just sorta wavy...I know how annoying it is to have to straighten it every day, and I am a sophomore so we are around the same age. My hair is chin length when straightened too, and i was considering going long so it would look better curly. One thing you can try is when your hair is still wet, put a really strong gel in it and scrunch it. When you have the curls in the front pretty curly, wait on the rest to dry and the curl/wave will come. When it is still damp, try just pulling it back in a ponytail. If your hair is like mine, you will have a few underneath curls that fall out. My hair is dark, and it looks really cute like that on a day when you dont really feel like messin with your hair too much. Good luck and if you have any suggestions for me at all like how you keep your hair straight etc., please email me at WhitneyPhly@aol.com
~Whitney
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic