Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I cut and straightened my hair!!! Now I have bad hair everyday!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I cut and straightened my hair!!! Now I have bad hair everyday!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asimhuman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asimhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I cut and straightened my hair!!! Now I have bad hair everyday!!
    Posted: April 20 2000 at 4:43am
I had naturally puffy, frizzy midlength curly hair and i decided to cut it short..ultra short.. and i straightened it too!! I'm only 15 but I had straightened it (permenantly, using the cream and board stuff) 3 times already!!!
It's been 8 months since I cut my hair and now it's a little reaching the shoulder, quite straight but not sleek, and still quite puffy...
and now i want my curls back!!
will i ever get my natural old curls back?? how long will it take???
SAD-SAM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAD-SAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2000 at 4:19pm
asimhuman,
I used to relax my hair as well. I let it grow curly then relaxed it again. Now my hair is almost completely curly and won't relax it ever again, 'cause mother nature didn't give me straight hair. The answer to your question obviously now, is yes. It will grow curly again, the hair texture will not be exaclty the same maybe for a while who knows, but you'll have your curls back! Now, it'll be a slow process as it is the hair that's growing that is curly. Since your hair is forced straight the new curly hair growing will make it break a little, so you'll have to be careful while in the shower; and cut your ends regularly to get rid of the relaxed part little by little. You're going to have to be very patient; but you'll get there.
Hope this helped. Let me know!
LiL_C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiL_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2000 at 10:45pm
umm...well i heard relaxers stay in up to 6 months and considering you have done it 3 times..it gonna be awhile. have you tried putting gel or curl activator in your hair?
mari View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2000 at 3:09am
yes just stop straitening your hair and get deep conditioners
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic