Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VERY VERY THICK HAIR !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alicia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VERY VERY THICK HAIR !!
    Posted: May 21 2000 at 7:12pm
I am a 20 year old woman of Cuban origin living in Belgium.
I have very very thick, natural shoulder lenght, curly hair (it takes 2 hours to dry). You should know that my hairdresser always thins it out (very) considerably so otherwise it would even be twice as thick !
The fact is that I consider my hair to be much too thick and I would rather have had less hair. I really envy people with fine hair and if a product would exist to make my hair thinner, for once and for all, by two thirds or three quarters, I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

Most of the women I know here in Europe are white and when they see me, they often make remarks about my very thick, curly hair. While grabbing through my locks, they say things like: "wow, that's thick hair!", "you must have a lot of work with this", "have you never considered another hairdo?" etc. Also, when walking in the streets, people often look at me and make remarks behind my back. At my work, the management doesn't like my hair and insist I wear my hair in a tail. At one point a manager bluntly told me that my hair was too wild and I should have it cut. The problem is that my boyfriend likes my hair as it is now and if it wasn't for him, I would have opted for a very short hairdo a long time ago. But, eventually, my boyfriend will have to understand that, because of my carreer, I'll have it cut very short one day, maybe not now or in the near future, but within a few years.

So: what can I do to get less hair ? Have it thinned out even more drastically ?
Are there any treatments that make your hair grow less thick and dense ? Some sort of "permanent partial hair removal"

Alicia

SAD-SAM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAD-SAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2000 at 4:00pm
Hi Alicia,
It seems to me you're trying to get rid of your hair instead of your problem. Have you ever considered having your hair relaxed at a hair salon? It doesn't have to be a strong one it could be one that woulkd leave your hair wavy if you want. Just go to a Hair salon and ask around. You'll have beautiful hair and get alot of complements instead.
Let me know if this was helpful.
SAD-SAM@excite.com
RockinLocks4u View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockinLocks4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2000 at 1:09pm
Alicia,  First , and most importantly, any hairdresser should know that to thin naturally curly and thick hair only makes it bigger!  When thinning, you are cutting shorter strands throughout the head, the shorter strands get curlier and push up the longer ones, thus making it worse, not better.  The more length that your hair has, the heavier it is and the weight is what makes it lay down.  I would never give you a shoulder-length style.  You either need a little more length with some long layers or short.  If you have any more questions, write back.  Good Luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic