Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Humid weather-problem wavy hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kitaria_Preston View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitaria_Preston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humid weather-problem wavy hair!
    Posted: June 16 2000 at 7:54pm
My hair is naturally wavy, and I've found I prefer the straight approach to my hair. So after showering, while my hair is still damp, I apply Frizz-Ease, and blow dry straight. Then I use a ConAir straightener to make my strands look sleek. This lasts for about ten minutes in this summer weather due to the humidity! No matter how long I do the straightening, or how well I do it, it always ends up going back to being wavy, and frizzy. Any tips for other ideas I can do? Any ideas, or experiences are appreciated!
--Kitaria Preston (aka Wavy Hair in Distress)
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2000 at 8:17pm
Hello!

You can try Ouidad's Climate Control. There's a review of it under "curly hair".

Best wishes,
Catriona
carrielm1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrielm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2000 at 10:50am
Hi,

I have a very similar problem. My hair is short-medium length and unevenly wavy, which I think looks better straight. I usually don't have a problem getting it the way I want with a blow dryer and a curling iron, but whenever I go into the humid summer weather here in Minnesota (especially in the morning), it gets all wavy, mainly in front. I wish I could tell you a magic formula or technique, but I have tried so many products designed to smooth and straighten hair, and found nothing that blocks out enough moisture in the air. The products I have had moderate success with are Phytodefrisant, Vavoom Smoothing Gel, Montage Split Personality Smoothing Serum, and Sebastian Get it Straitt. The ones I had no luck at all with are KMS Flat Out Relaxing Balm (too thick and gooey for my hair), ABBA Straightening Balm (it did nothing and was too runny), and the L'anza Strait Line products (the moisture in the products do not mix well with the humid weather), and Frizz Ease Relaxing Creme (can't remember the exact name, but it's new). Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I feel your frustration!
Carrie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic