Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for Curly Hairstyles for the  Humid GA Summer-HELP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Curly Hairstyles for the Humid GA Summer-HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Curly Hairstyles for the Humid GA Summer-HELP
    Posted: June 18 2000 at 8:56am
I live in humid Georgia and I am looking for some good hairstyles to survive the summer.

My hair is shoulder-length, primarily medium to course textured, virgin, and black/native american.

I trim every 3-4 weeks, shampoo and deep condition weekly,alternate between Nexxus Therappe and Humectress shampoo along with the BASIS line, and use Always Castor Oil, Super Gro, and Old 97 Bergamot occasionally.

Generally, my hair is blow-dryed, and curled into large sections with a 3/4" professional flat iron. It will hold a style for about a week with little touch ups.

How can I move away from the flat-iron curling and back to my natural curls?

So far, I have tried mixing the Humectress, Old 97 Bergamot, and Anti-Frizz Gel together and letting my hair dry naturally with a little patting and coaxing. However,
I still feel very dry!

Help! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2000 at 1:43pm
Hello!

It sounds like you take really great care of your hair. I guess heat styling contributed in a big way to your hair feeling dry. You should try using a hot oil treatment; it's as easy as massaging warm olive oil through your hair and leaving it on for anything from 15 minutes to overnight. That will bring major shine! You might also want to try the Back to Basics Get Curly styling products, as they are supposed to enhance your natural curls. For the humid weather, you can try Ouidad's Climate Control. And when you absolutely have to use heat, use a product to protect your hair from heat, like Thermasilk, and also Frizz Ease has a spray to protect your hair from heat. For frizz, Frizz Ease works really well in my hair; any and all of their products =)

Best wishes,
Catriona
Micki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2000 at 9:48pm
DEAR CURLYGIRL:
I CAN IDENTIFY. I TOO HAVE SHOULDER LENGTH CURLY HAIR. (I'M PUERTO RICAN) MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS DURING THE HOT, HUMID, SUMMER MONTHS,IS, DON'T PRESS OR CURL YOUR HAIR. WHAT I DO IS THAT I DEEP CONDITION IT AND MAKE SURE THAT I PUT IN A CONDITIONING POMADE AND JUST SOME CLEAR GEL. I DETANGLE MY HAIR BEFORE I WASH IT AND THEN PUT IT IN A COATED BAND. WHEN MY HAIR DRIES, IT'S NOT FRIZZY. IN THE
SUMMER YOU ARE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME WITH DOING ANY THING
MORE THAN PULLING IT BACK. BELIVE ME I DID EVERY THING
TO MAKE MY HAIR STRAIGHT. JUST BE HAPPY WITH THE HAIR
GOD GAVE YOU AND LEAVE IT ALONE TILL FALL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic