Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"My Potential Haircut!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
that llama again View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote that llama again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "My Potential Haircut!"
    Posted: January 15 2001 at 3:18am
I have naturally wavy/curly strawberry blonde hair, and have worn it in the same shapeless, uninteresting style since I had hair long enough to tie back in a pony tail. Since I am moving interstate to go to university next month, I was wanting something a little funkier and so have decided that I am going to cut my hair short, as in cropped short. HOWEVER, I have not decided on the exact style, and I am really anxious about leaving it in the hairdressers hands, even though they are trained professionals. (Yes, I know I`m fickle!!!) I wear glasses - black oval frames, and I was wondering if a) someone could suggest a style that would suit me (I have an oval/long shaped face) or b) someone could reassure me (honestly!!!) that in having my hair cut, it won`t end up a matted, fuzzy birdnest, as I have been told by..well, lots of people!!! Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!!!!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2001 at 10:05am
Reply to message: 9.474.1
Just be careful okay. I came across this lady who has natural spiral looking hair and decided she was sick and tired of not being able to brush her hair so she cut it so that her hair was below her shoulders. She almost cried because her hair went wild and puffy big time because of all sudden the hair was lighter in weight. Now her hair is back to her waist lenght and I don`t think she will be cutting it again to make it shorter.
dianefromcanada
sizrhandz1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sizrhandz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2001 at 10:35am
If you want "work" than cut it off, my hair too is way curly and is now down past my shoulders. Working in salon envirnments I have had every haircut you could think of, to the cute short to the longer. I prefer the longer, simply because it stays longer. Curly hair when short (usually) goes to "big" hair rather than short hair. So in my opinion you would be smarter in the long run to cut it around the face (bi-level) or something to that effect. It is way more managable just around the face. I am not sure that what you want is what you will get.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic