Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone need help with hair questions, Vicki will help answer your questions and give your great answers!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone need help with hair questions, Vicki will help answer your questions and give your great answers!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
billabong_gurl12345678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billabong_gurl12345678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone need help with hair questions, Vicki will help answer your questions and give your great answers!!
    Posted: January 30 2002 at 5:28pm
Hey you guys! I am a perfessional hairstylist and I would be happy to answer your questions!

Thank-You
vicki
lama View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2002 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by billabong_gurl12345678 billabong_gurl12345678 wrote:

Hey you guys! I am a perfessional hairstylist and I would be happy to answer your questions!

Thank-You

hi please advice me of a way . my problem with my hair is that it is curly and doesn`t look good on me(it`s short) so i tie it and put moose dailly on the scull and this started to make my hair to fall especially from the front what do you think i should do
by the way if i didn`t put moose or jel on it when i tie it it will get frizzy
tse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 2:30pm
Hi, i am have curly hair too, but mine is just a little bit curly. so i wanted to know if there is a natural technique to make the hair straighter with some time, and without using too much products or whatever. My dad has wavy hair, i like wavy hair, he says he had curly hair like mine when he was young and then he got it wavy with aging.
i`m sure that is a natural process, but isn`t there a way to accelerate it?, i just need my hair to be a tiny bit less curly, so it will look like Heath leger.
Kpowell76 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kpowell76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2002 at 9:20pm
Hi,

I read about a new hair product in a magazine, but I can`t remember which one. It was recent, and compared three new products/methods for straightening hair. The three were a hairbrush, a japanese straightening technique, and a product you put on your wet hair to keep it straight - no blow drying necessary. That`s the product I am interested in. Any ideas? Thanks!
tse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2002 at 10:43pm
i`m not sure, but you might be refering to the YUKO technique which is supposed to heat hair at 365 degrees or something like that breaking the natural bonds of hair. however this surely is not a natural strightening technique.

i want to know some kind of brushing or normal hair caring to get your hair wavier.
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2002 at 2:37pm
Please help me. My boyfriend has semi-curly hair and we can`t find any hairstyles that suit him. He has had the same haircut for 6 years! Cut above his ears and shaved underneath and it`s getting so old! I feel like I`m stuck in 1993! if you have any suggestions please email me. Moocow85@msn.com Amanda
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
crazycool2005 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycool2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2002 at 8:02pm
I am just wondering how or even if I can put corn rows in my hair. My hair isn`t all that long it is about 3.5 to 4 inches long. If so I want to know how to do them as well. I have no problems with my hair I just want to do somethin` different. --Alvin--
CrazyHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2002 at 5:45pm
I had a perm a year ago. I got my hair cut but there is waviness at the bottom still. and i don`t want to cut it off. I have been ironing it to get the wave out but i stopped when i was afraid id burn my hair. i don`t know what to do! ITs a mess!!
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2002 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by billabong_gurl12345678 billabong_gurl12345678 wrote:

Thank-You

vicki ho can i get my hair curly for a day?
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
Chief View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2002 at 4:57pm
Trying to get my bushy curly hair to soften up. I was told that my hair is dry. I`m trying to go for the "wild curly look" as described in hair snippets. Any help is appreciated.
TBloor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2002 at 3:06pm
Vicki

I have short, naturally curly hair. I am trying to grow it out, but it seems like I am getting no where. When straight, my hair is out of the awkward growth stage and is a manageable length. I don`t want to straighten my hair every day, so I am thinking of having it chemically straightened. Do you have any thoughts on this?
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2002 at 9:37pm
did you notice, the so-called "professional hairdresser" never answered any of your questionz??????
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Deon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2002 at 3:16pm
Hey Vicki,

I have relaxed hair. Just recently, I saw a girl with a texturizer in her hair. Now I think I want to do that. Do I have to cut all of my hair off and start over like a Jheri curl? If I stop getting perms will my hair return to it`s natural texture? Do texturizers work in all types of hair? How do you keep it up? Is that closer to being natural than a relaxer or is it the same?

Deon
ria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 9:50pm
I-need-help-bad!!!
I-have-real-thick,dry,frizzy,curly,hard-to-manage-hair.My-hair-never-stays-the-way-I-want-it-so-I-usually-put-it-in-a-ponytail-or-in-braids.
my-hair-goes-down-my-back-and-is-to-heavy-to-put-up-it-usually-falls-after-a-couple-of-hours.so-the-thing-is-how-do-I-do-my-hair-for-prom?
or-what-chemicals-can-I-put-in-it-so-that-it-can-be-curly-but-not-frizzy-or-dry.please-help.
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2002 at 11:25am
I have a wide square face and I`m in the process of growing out some thick heavy bangs which did absolutley nothing for me, (they are about half an inch from being able to be tucked behind my ear completly)
I don`t think I suit the bangs completely out and was wondering if I should get some wispy bangs put in.
I have light/medium brown hair which is around three inches below my ears with a few layers. It is natuarally curly, but I straighten it. I`m 16.
m.y.o.b
mrmrsb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmrsb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2002 at 10:08pm
Hi Billabong; I have long-ish ( shoulder length on sides, almost to bra in back, cut straight across. I have a body wave in it, about 7 weeks old, and have decided I`d like a spiral perm, probably in May - My question is - Can I get a perm on top of the one I have? I condition my hair religiously.
Will a spiral perm look good even if your hair isn;t all one length.
Thanks,
take care
likklejamaicanwhitegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likklejamaicanwhitegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2002 at 10:42am
Originally posted by mrmrsb mrmrsb wrote:

Hi Billabong; I have long-ish ( shoulder length on sides, almost to bra in back, cut straight across. I have a body wave in it, about 7 weeks old, and have decided I'd like a spiral perm, probably in May - My question is - Can I get a perm on top of the one I have? I condition my hair religiously.
Will a spiral perm look good even if your hair isn;t all one length.
Thanks,

hi,

I just recently cut my hair, it`s shoulder legth now( it was past my butt) and it`s curly. My prom is on May 18 and I have a friend who is a proffesional who is going to do my hair and nails, but she seen my hair the other day and says she doesn`t know what to do now (my hair wasn`t suppossed to come this short). I need advice on a style!! if you can help my email is sweetness637@yahoo.com. Thanx!!
curlygurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2002 at 8:56pm
hi
i`ve been growing my layered hair out and right now the longest layer is just past my shoulders and the shortest layer is at my chin. it`s VERY curly. do you have any style ideas that would look good?!
britknee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britknee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 8:35pm
I have naturally curly hair that is as tight as a pencil. The length is about down to my ears. I am looking for some hairstyles for formal occasions ie prom, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
peace
Mariet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mariet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2002 at 7:56am
Dear Vicki

I have curly/wavy hair that frizzes easily. It is also fine, with very little volume. I used to wear it short, which was easy to style and always looked very groomed. The cut was shorter at the top of my head, at the back (which gave it some volume and I blow dried this by scrunching) and a front section formed part of a fringe, with a side parting. I blow dryed this straight. This also seemed to suit my face shape (oval). However, I am now trying to grow my hair a bit longer, and to try and have more curls in the style. But I am having great difficulty in this. The curl falls flat very quickly, I have no volume at the top of my head (and loads on the side with the curl) and my hair frizzes. Is there any way of growing my hair a bit longer and having more curls, or should I just give up and go back to my old style?

I hope you can help and appreciate any advice you can give.

Yours sincerely

Mariet Bothma_
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic