Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I NEED HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KatILove+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatILove+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I NEED HELP
    Posted: March 07 2002 at 8:39pm
I have medium length sometimes frizzy, sometimes curly hair. it cant make up its mind. I use hot rollers to keep it curled and under control for most of the day. But by the end of the day its frizzy again! I havent ever done anything to my hair but trim it and i am so tired of dealing with it! I would like for it to be curly and stay curly or be straight and stay straight. Any advice?
Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2002 at 9:19pm
have you ever tried to put color on your hair?
Rose
kimkahlua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimkahlua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2002 at 9:08am
Hi - I grew up with curly/kinky/frizzy hair that was the bane of my existence. I grew up in California, which has low humidity, and as a teen began blow drying my hair into submission. Then I moved to the deep south which is very humid and blow drying quit working. So I took the plunge and decided to just quit fighting my curls. What helped is I was in the military and wore my hair up in a bun all day for 6 yrs so I was able to ignore the awkward stage when all the layers were growing out. My hair is now almost to my waist when it`s wet, and nearly all one length. I get tons of compliments on my curls, many more than I did when I was trying to fight them.

What I do is a) NOT wash my hair every day, maybe every 2-3 days. I get it wet in the shower, put on lots of a good rich conditioner, especially on the ends, and put it up with a comb while I shower. I then rinse, getting my scalp good and letting some conditioner remain in the ends. I use an absorbent towel made for hair, and a wide tooth comb to detangle. I then found a great product called Thrix Is Khoo Ros whipped gel, which has the consistency of hair conditioner and apply generously, with maybe a little FrizzEase on the ends. I let it air dry by aiming the air vents on my dashboard on my head on the way to work. I spend no more than 15 minutes doing all this (except for the drying part). I am sure professional hairdressers may have their suggestions on how to deal with curly hair, but mine is healthy, shiny, and falls into long ringlets, a cross between Juliana Margolies and Melina Kanakaredes and I am pleased with it. The main thing I`ve learned is to gentle with it, keep it moisturized, and just learn to enjoy it, because unless you have lots of time to try to make it into something it isn`t naturally, you are just going to make it look worse. I can blow dry mine straight still if I want, but I rarely do as it takes about an hour of blowdrying and there aren`t enough days that are dry in Georgia to make it worthwhile.

Embrace your curly hair!
Kim
kimkahlua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimkahlua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2002 at 9:08am
Need to figure out how to remove posts....
kimkahlua View Drop Down

Dang - I hate that my posts are going on too many times! How do I remove them? When I submit I get an error message so I resubmit and it ends up going on more than once...how annoying
*D`Anna* View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *D`Anna* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2002 at 9:35am
Hey...I am totally feeling you on the sometimes curly, sometimes frizzy hair. I live in Texas, and it is SO humid ALL the time! I have naturally curly hair, and I NEVER have enough time in the morning to fix it. I agree with the tips that kimkuhuala said...dont wash it every night. The natural oils from your head to your hair help keep your curls under control. DONT put a lot of `gook`, if you will, in it. That only makes it all nasty looking. After a washing, I usually put a small amount of gel (I use loreal controlling gel for volume) and either let it air dry, or use a defusser on it. It all depends on the time amount that I have to fix it. Anyway, those are a few tips that I can give you. If all else fails on not being able to fix it curly, throw it up in a pony tail...lol those always seemed to work for me before i learned how to work with my own hair! :) ~~D`Anna
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic