Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need new way to wear curly hair down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need new way to wear curly hair down
    Posted: December 04 2002 at 4:21pm
hi!! my hair is thick and curly and about down to my shoulders. i almost always where my hair up in a ponytail with gel. my dad hates my hair like this and neether do i. so i need to find a way to where my hair down. i used to wet my hair and put mousse in it but it doesnt look that good. please help me find a way to where my down that looks good and doesnt take long to do.
Kris
liz_nazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_nazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2002 at 2:49pm
ok, the best thing to do is go to the hairdressers and get a good cut....and also ask them how they have styled your hair so u can do the same at home :)
Kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2002 at 3:11pm
i guess thats a good idea. but whenever i go to my hairdresser i dont like the way it comes out. she tells me to do what i usually do (wet my hair and use mousse) so i stil need an idea!! but thanx for the idea anyway!
Kris
liz_nazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_nazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2002 at 5:05am
well, a good thing to do is apply mousse, and then add some pomade/wax to the ends of ur hair to define your curls....

but if you get your hair cut, then it will atleast encourage you to let your hair down... :)
Kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2002 at 3:04pm
thanks for the info. do u know any pomades or wax that are good?? i really dont know what kind of products to buy?thanks again
Kris
Kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2002 at 3:07pm
i forgot to add this before!! i heard foam curlers work pretty good too! like the big ones. like you put them in when ure hair is wet and let your hair dry!! does it work!!
Kris
catalina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 9:05pm
You should put split personality hair serum by graham head games on your hair then your curly hair will not be so puffy. Or you can get your curly hair styled at a hair salon and get in weighted down and still use the split personality hair serum.
Kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 9:15pm
thanks. i think i will try that!! pleez anyone else who has ideas please post them!!
Kris
blondeqt00 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondeqt00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2002 at 7:22pm
This is what i do and i get TONS of compliments i hear people whisper how cute my hair is!
Put in a Aveeda Be Curly gel and scrunch hair while upside down. Do the same with a good holding gel. Then spray LIGHTLY with hairspray. Scrunch hair while defusing. Then part down the middle. Take on section about half up from one side of head and twist back. Have someone hold that. Do the same for the section on the otherside of ur head. Then twisto the bottom of hair and put in a rubberband. Take very small peices from the front. I hope u understand that if u did, GOOD LUCK I KNOW UR HAIR WILL LOOK CUTE LIKE THAT!!!!
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2002 at 2:07pm
BlondeQt, can you show us a picture of the hair style you were talking about? It does sound like it would be cute, but I didn`t understand the last part.

Is your hair supposed to be put up, 1/2 up, or down?

I am-a-confus-ed.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Marjorie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marjorie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2002 at 2:18am
I`m mixed so I`ve got curly hair that`s got a mind of it`s own! This is what I do and it seems to work: with conditioner still in it, I use a wide tooth comb to detangle it. Then after I`m out the shower, while it is still wet (not dripping but very damp- don`t towel dry it) I apply Joico styling lotion (best stuff I`ve ever found). I saturate my hair with it and comb it through. If it`s too wet, at this point, then I pat it with a towel to absorb some of the moisture. Then I scrunch it while I`m blowing drying with a diffuser. It usually turns out great.
For larger culrs, sometimes I separate my hair into four sections. Then I take each section and twist it into one big curl. Then I blow dry the four sections and when it`s completely dry, I seperate the curls and spritz with a light hairspray!
- For excellent results, get a good haircut. Long layers work for me otherwise it looks too heavy at the bottom!
Good luck!!
naturegirl3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturegirl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:31pm
I have thick-ish auburn hair down to my waist, and it can be curly or wavy. Here's how.

1.) I only brush my hair in the shower when it has conditioner in it.

2.) I use Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner and Aussie Catch the Wave mousse and Sprunch spray. It makes my hair super soft and springy.

For wavy:
1.) I wash and condition, brushing out my hair while wet.
2.) I squeeze the water from my hair with a towel-- DON'T RUB
3.) I flip my hair back and forth to separate strands.
4.) I finger-comb mousse through my hair.
5.) I dry my roots with a hair dryer on low setting, and let the rest air dry, scrunching occasionally.
6.) Finish with Aussie Shine spray.

For curly:
follow steps 1-4
5.) use a hair dryer with diffuser attachment with head flipped over, piling hair in the diffuser and scrunching slightly.
6.) when hair is almost dry, spray with scrunch spray and finger scrunch lightly.

style by pulling a small chunk of hair away from face on each side and pinning loosely separately near the back of head.
paigem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 3:38am
Hey I'm new here.....but you have to check out a 3-in-1 Curling Iron, with 3 different size curling scope attachments! I am in heaven. I tossed out the 4 cheap curling irons i had before that and now just use this one. My friend bought a wet-2-dry straightener/flat iron and she is in love. I also have a cordless hair straightener, very light and small enough to fit in a clutch purse! I am addicted to styling my hair different ways. I think i just found my new favorite brand.

Edited by Administrator - September 05 2009 at 8:46pm
naturegirl3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturegirl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2009 at 12:48am
one easy way would be to wash your hair at night, and comb it out in the shower with conditioner. When you get out of the shower, squeeze your hair dry with a towel-- don't rub-- until it's damp, not dripping. Mix a medium-hold gel in your hand with a drop of water and finger comb it through your hair. Braid your hair, and let it dry while you sleep. When you unbraid it, put a little gel on your hands and lightly touch your ends. This will keep them from getting frizzy.

To style, wear it down. One one side, pick out a few strands in the front and pull them back to about halfway to the back of your head, then move the strands forward so that you get a very small pouf. Secure with a cute clip and let some loose strands hang down.

hope this was helpful =] 
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2009 at 12:18pm
 I am a Type 3 a curly and i think you need to check out

Curly girl methodhttp://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

favorite site http://www.naturallycurly.com/

for ideas on how to do you hair, and better care for it.

I wouldn't suggest just getting it cut unless you need a trim, curly hair is totally differnt from straight to wavey hair.
tmontg2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmontg2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 11:01pm
I don't know if you'd be ready for a big change, but I have super curly hair and I just decided to chop it off. It was a big decision and I had a major conversation with another curly haired friend beforehand, but I love the results. I've definitely got more bounce to my hair. I'm thinking I might even try my hand at cutting it myself next time. Salon Hive has some great shears and I'm starting to feel more adventurous. It does grow back after all!

I'm eying these Lavendar ones: http://www.salonhive.com/kamisori-lavender-hair-shears.html

Edited by tmontg2 - February 04 2009 at 11:02pm
lolo2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolo2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 8:33pm
There is this girl in LA i go to, her name is Rebecca Oranges. Lives in Vegas but comes out 3 days a month to LA.
She is amazing and does Brazilian blowouts. I can leave my hair wet out of the shower and my curls are smooth, soft and not frizzy. google Brazilian blowouts to get some more info but if you decide to get it done, anyone in LA or Vegas, go to Rebecca oranges: beyondthehair@gmail.com

Good Luck!!

HairInfo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairInfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 2:36pm
I have the SAME type of hair. You need to go to your favorite salon (Mine is The Ohio Academy, a Paul Mitchell School) and talk to the stylist about what you want your hair to do. I bet you just need a different cut and you will love it!

Edited by Administrator - September 05 2009 at 8:44pm
curlyhairgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlyhairgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2009 at 8:44am
You want a pomade that won't make the hair look wet and weigh it down like mousse.

I have two suggestions. I like No Frizz Curl Definer
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231305&categoryId=RPYMAL&shouldPaginate=

and Cutler curling creme
http://www.lockandmane.com/curling-cream.html
HairStans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 11:44pm
www.MyWigsAndWeaves.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic