Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly to straight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
[initial steve] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [initial steve] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly to straight
    Posted: February 11 2003 at 9:41pm
Hi, i have wavvy/curly hair. I recently got my hair chemically straghtened at one of the top local salons, anyway the results are good but not as good as i expected! i wanted dead straight hair but i still have a bit of a wave in my hair, and it also kinks out at the ends a little :(

Is my hair ment to go dead straight? or should i be complaining?

thanks in advance for you help
curlygrrl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 5:45pm
I have curly hair as well and had it chemically relaxed about a year ago. I was expecting the same stick-straight results as you, but it was still wavy after the 3-hour prodecure was finished! However, the relaxer did take a lot of the curl out and I eventually learned to used a hairdryer so I could style my hair straight when I wanted (or let it air-dry and curl/wave when I was missing my ringlets).

Hope this helps. Good luck!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 10:49pm
Hi fellow curlys,

Chemical relaxers cannot give you bone straight hair but they can help you to be able to straighten it out better yourself.

Important note, some relaxers used in salons cantain lye and other harsh chemicals.
The new thermal reconditioning or aka japanese hair straightning will staighten without alot of damage.

Check your yellow pages for a salon that offers this service. At bit of warning though it can cost any where between 200-400 dollars.

Happy Curls!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Gaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 10:11am
I have myself wavy/curly hair and I have had it chemically straightened many times in the last three years. The results were different from one treatment to another even in the same saloon.
The very fist time I had it done was dead straight and I just couldn’t believe it was my hair it was healthy looking and I did not even have to style it after the shower, towel dry and it was like WOW, is this my hair
Had it done again in a different place but did not work as good as the first time so I went to the same saloon that I had it done for the first time but again it was NOT like the first time!!
After that I had it done once again and in a friend’s cousin’s saloon and it was dead straight. Now I cannot go to this saloon again because I no longer live in the same country.
So, I don’t know what is the myth here with the hair but I know that my wavy/curly hair can be dead straight.
Once you tried it you never want to have it any other way, that is what I think.
And it can defiantly go dead straight.
Hope it helps too.
See the Positive in all Situations
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 9:08pm
LOVE THE CARROT!!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Gaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 5:57am
Thanks LiliBeach, isn’t it a cute carrot?
I can get you an animated creature, Pictures, animals birds or anything you like if you wanna..
Cheers.
Gaga
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 11:12am
The carrot is from animationfactory.com. Great site! I use their cute graphics all the time (my favorite is the one with the tossed salad that "tosses" itself.) :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 9:57pm
Hey, Check out my new sunshine
Gaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 2:42am
Hey guys, I did not mean to sound as if I own the site or anything but once on fitness discussion board a guy wanted some information and pictures about fitness for his homepage. I knew a few sites (since I spend a lot of time on the net LOL) so I supplied him with addresses on the board and then I had someone accusing me of “stealing” copy righted picture and informations and all I did was gave him the site addresses which can be found on the net anyhow.
That is all flaks and I am SORRY
There are a lot of funny animated things on that site. Personally I love the creatures.
Hey LiliBeach, your new sunshine icon is cool and goes well with your name.
Cheers
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 8:15am
Whoa! Sorry Gaga, I didn''t mean to sound like I was accusing you of anything. I just mentioned the site so anyone who liked the carrot could find similar graphics themselves :-)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Gaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 10:02am
No no Lyris, you didnot.
Nice weekend to ya all too.
Cheers
freedomseekngrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedomseekngrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 12:26pm
This might help you guys out... I have porker staight hair and my grandma decided to perm it... OMG I want my straight hair back I have nothing but cry since then.... Any suggestions?
Freedomseekngrl
nayna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nayna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 8:01am
I recently have had the japanese straightener at a salon. It took 5-6 hours. I had frizzy curly hair and now it is poker straight with just 5-10 minutes of easy blowdrying and no product. I would highly recommend it. I just spent 4 days in humid Florida and my hair did not frizz at all. And when it rains, it doesn't move either. It's a miracle. However it was pretty expensive, about $600 plus tip.
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 4:00am
I had my hair relaxed by my other half a week ago at home with PHYTOSPECIFIC Relaxer.
I left it 15 minutes longer than the instructions suggest and I was so afraid it might break off so I was prepared to have it cut off but it came out really, really, really straight and so healthy.
I would not recommend it unless you are prepared to cut it off if it goes bad.
And of course if have the gut for it .
Orc (previously known as Gaga )
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
Lala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 3:21pm
I am just wondering, What system was used to staighten you hair?
Lala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 3:24pm
Which japanese hair straightenening system do you recommend?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 10:55pm
I have been researching the Thermal straighting world and I ahve decided on Bio-onics. There system, although expensive, appears to cause less damage.

For straightning a perm, you should just use another perm. Thermal hair straightners are for naturally curly hair, which is a whole different animal.
Spriggy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spriggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 4:41pm
This $600 thing.... how long does that last?
dianna07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianna07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 1:12pm
i have a perm as well that i hate!! you mentioned (Lilbeach) to use another perm to straighten it. How does that work, does it damage the hair and does it matter that my hair was colored the beginning of May and permed the beginning of April?
mykky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 9:23pm
Hello :)

Where did you get this japanese straightenging done at? I would like to have it done too but not sure where a good place is at in Ohio.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic