Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1/2 curly, 1/2 straight hair-HELP???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stacy Pendarvis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Pendarvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1/2 curly, 1/2 straight hair-HELP???
    Posted: March 20 2003 at 10:17pm
Hi, my hair is pretty curly, except for the top layer. I usually dry it straight (30 minutes) but am tired of it. I've tried leaving it natural, but it looks awful. I've tried different products and "scrunching" with a diffuser but then I end up with weird looking not so wavy hair. I've even tried perming the top layer only, but it didn't look like the rest and thus didn't look good. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can leave my hair natural but have it look wavy or curly (including my straight top layer)???? Thanks
kristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 9:26pm
hi! I am sorta the same way only I'm the opposite. my bottom layer of hair is straigh and the rest on my hair is curly. so naturally the bottom layer of hair is always longer than the rest of it becuas i cant get it to curl! so i could use somehelp on this too!!
*~*with a flip of my hair and a wave of my hips this little chica is out with a kiss*~*Muah!!

<3 always.:Kristina:.
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2003 at 3:06pm
My hair is straight on top and curly on the bottom too. I always just figured it was because I have one layer that weighs it down.
I'm not really sure if this would work or not but maybe you could try braiding your hair when it's wet at night. This seems to work better than just scrunching it.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
Lily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 12:56pm
Oh good! I'm not alone. I have the under-layers wont curl problem too.
Well, what I do is I put rollers where it wont curl and let the rest air-dry (or just put rollers everywhere, it makes prettier curls anyway).
Moonshadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 1:38pm
My hair is wavy on the bottom and straight on the top- what a pain! Lately I've been braiding just the top, straight part and either drying with a diffuser or letting it air dry. That way it doesn't take as long to dry as braiding all of it would, and it's been working pretty well.
kari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 11:45pm
And here I thought I was the ONLY one with this problem too! I can't even tell you how frustrating this is. My hair is curly framing my face, and the rest is straight. No matter what I try, it never looks right. Anyway, if your hair is thick and healthy, you may want to try the Yuko System. It will completely straighten your hair. I couldn't do it, since my hair is too fine...so I'm stuck with a flat iron. And hope it doesn't rain! Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic