Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I beg of you, please help me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
CurlyWannaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I beg of you, please help me!
    Posted: April 09 2003 at 3:42pm
OK, I'm a boy and I have straight hair. I know I shouldn't be in this topic thingy, but I am in desperate need of hair knowledge! Ok, I WANT curly hair, in the worst of ways! Roar! I dont want really tight ones, just loose curls. Is there perms that are just loose? PLEASE, oh PLEASE gimme advice and tell me if a perm is a good idea or a bad one. Thank you SO much!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 4:33pm
Curlywb; IMO, The p/w are better than they have ever been.....Bigger rods will give you a wave or less curl...try to find pictures of the type of wave or curl you are looking for. I know its hard to find pic's of curl...But curl is coming back.

Here is another little delemma for you...there is a whole generation of newbie stylists out there that haven't had to do many perms in their time. (mainly the last eight years) So, find someone that can give you the look you want. Gosh it sounds fun...I wish I could do it for you.
Curlyhairwannabee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyhairwannabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 5:41pm
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 8:02pm
I can't get in there to see them...they said I need a password.???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 9:33pm
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 9:54pm
Why.......................................is............................this............................thread......................................soooo..............................................................wide..................................................................................?

Strange...............................................................................................................................................huh?
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
CurlyHairWannabee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyHairWannabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 10:07pm
Ok, thank you for volunteering that little peice of information. Since you HAVE that experiance, tell me! Share your knowlede of hair, or great one!
CurlyHair Wanter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyHair Wanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 5:16pm
Did THAT work!????
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 8:25pm
So Curleywb; you could do this look,
no problem,IMO. You would need to
grow a bit longer, if you haven't already.

You're so cute, you could wear curl or not.
Have you tried growing a bit longer and using some fun stronger styling putties or pastes,
to make it all messy? That would be fun too.

The perm would be fun tho...a little stronger
than body wave.

StyleOn
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyHairWannabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 9:44pm
CUTE!? Hmm.. interesting idea, but I wouldn't go THAT far. But that's beside the point. Ok, so a perm? You really think thats a good idea? I seriously would LOVE that other boys hair... that's SO unfair... hehehe that rymes.... Ok, so a perm. Will it LOOK like that? Is there different KINDs of perms? Well, in the meantime, I REALLLY have to work on my mom. It's gonna be reaally hard convincing her but after that last message, she said if I did't bugg her, she'd think 'bout it. New prob: She FORCED me to get a haircut. Yep, back to square one. She let me leave it a little longer so it wount tak long for it to be like that pic. Can I get one while its short? What will happen when it grows out after I got a perm on short hair? Thank you SO much.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyHairWannabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 9:44pm
CUTE!? Hmm.. interesting idea, but I wouldn't go THAT far. But that's beside the point. Ok, so a perm? You really think thats a good idea? I seriously would LOVE that other boys hair... that's SO unfair... hehehe that rymes.... Ok, so a perm. Will it LOOK like that? Is there different KINDs of perms? Well, in the meantime, I REALLLY have to work on my mom. It's gonna be reaally hard convincing her but after that last message, she said if I did't bugg her, she'd think 'bout it. New prob: She FORCED me to get a haircut. Yep, back to square one. She let me leave it a little longer so it wount tak long for it to be like that pic. Can I get one while its short? What will happen when it grows out after I got a perm on short hair? Thank you SO much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 9:48pm
Ok, not sure WHY That posed twice. What is IMO?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 4:18pm
To have that type of curl you would
need at least 3 if not 4" of length
that's what it would take to get
the hair around the size rod you
need. Then of course your hair
would need to be shaped with a
cut.

Do you have any natural wave
or movement in your hair at
all???? When it gets longer
is it bumpy or pooffy?

CurlyWannaBe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 5:37pm
When its long..... you have to really scrunch it to make it wavy. Its pretty darn strate (spell check? LOL) dang it. chib er denaien ifn4inf4fifn4inknl @@@##I#*#0 *that was mumbling under breath*
I want curly hair.
I will get it.
If I don't, I will rip it outa my friend's head
and paste it to my head.
I will suceed.

Wristbands are super
Wristbands are dee-dooper
They will keep sweat off your wrists
And most likely off your fists
They will keep off the sweat
Off your arms and wrists I bet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 5:50pm
Oh yeah, Sophie: will my sideburns get curled too? The back of my head?
I want curly hair.
I will get it.
and paste it to my head.
I will suceed.

Wristbands are super
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 7:18pm
If the back is long enough it will
get curled.

Hey I think you should put
your poems on the
Hiaku Poetry topic...............

..OH YEAH!PoetMan!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 7:30pm
Thank you SO much Sophie. Its helped a lot. Just my luck tho... need to grow my hair out... again. HOw fast DOES it grow? roar...
So, you like my poem?
I want curly hair.
I will get it.
and paste it to my head.
I will suceed.

Wristbands are super

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 8:10pm
What is IMO and p/w!? LOL
I want curly hair.
I will get it.
and paste it to my head.
I will suceed.

Wristbands are super
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 8:31pm
OK yes, I liked your poem......
So....Free....yet so....deep....

Hair growth averages 1/2" per month

IMO....In My Opinion.

p/w...Permanent wave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyWannaBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 9:02pm
Ah, I understand............... AWWHAIUBP IUB!!!!!! NOT what I wanted to hear............ Im at exactly 2 inches............ OIHB*UEPIBDIUBNPIUBIYBIY??ç??˜µ<=>=÷åß?ƒ©???¬…朴®†¥ˆø“™£¢?§¶•ªº–!=¸?Ç??˜Â¯¿ÅÍÎÏ´´ÓÔ?ÒÚÆŒ„´‰Á¨ˆØ?”’»/€‹›fifl‡°·‚—±

MOre mumbling..........................
I want curly hair.
I will get it.
and paste it to my head.
I will suceed.

Wristbands are super