Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

natural curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
va_kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote va_kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: natural curly hair
    Posted: April 29 2003 at 2:28am
Hello.. I have natural curly hair.. It is very thick. I have tried everything to make it straight, nothing works~!~~ Everything i have tried has frizzed my hair, I even had my hair to melt and I would have to cut it off... I know of a salon that said they could fix my hair and make it straight ,,, the only problem is they said it would cost about $500.00..Do you think I should go and spend that much money on my hair or not....
~*kim*~
WendyLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WendyLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2003 at 10:08am
What it sounds like they are talking about is Thermal Reconditioning and $500 is about the going rate. I am a stylist that does this procedure and have also had it done on my very thick, very curly hair and I am in love with it. If you go to the message boards below there are many people that would help you answer any questions you may have and also help in finding a salon in your area that is experienced in doing this procedure.

Hope this helps,
Wendy

www.beautywalk.com/talk/salon

If you have any more Questions, feel free to e-mail me at reaves17@yahoo.com
"Instant gratification takes too long." Amy Fisher
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 1:52pm
Just curious--why would you want to straighten your hair? Curly heads are a minority & if you ask me we should be celebrating our uniqueness, not trying to conform!

My advice is to talk to your stylist about what kind of cut would fit your kind of curl and your face. I've found working w/my hair has been much easier than fighting it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic