Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

have...to...cut...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimeem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: have...to...cut...
    Posted: December 05 2004 at 11:47am
Does anyone else go through this? I have been trying to grow my hair out for a while now... I had permed it straight for the beginning of school and then several months later when I looked ridiculous with curly curly roots and stick straight ends I permed it back curly. And of course now it doesn't look as long as it did, and I just don't think my hair grows past my shoulders. So I want to cut it back to when I had an awesome almost wedge style cut because the cut I had when it was straight makes me have the *gasp* pyramid style so all I do with it is wear it in a ponytail. blah. I'm afraid that it won't look the same since it's permed, not natural, but I have this nagging feeling that I don't look good with, nor am meant to have long hair.... help :'(
Straight into frantic oblivion....there
was no looking back. Fuck no! Not
today thank you kindly. - Fear and
Loathing in Las Vegas
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 3:53pm
Umm you are suppose to perm the roots instead of the already permed hair because since u permed it 2 times it is probably over processed.

Your hair can be long, curls make the hair appear shorter but that does not mean yourhair is short.

You are going to have to deep condition your hair alot and while your natural hair grows out, trim bits of the over processed hair away.
aimeem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 11:58pm
What??? I wasn't talking about perming my hair again?? I was talking about my hair not growing past my shoulders and cutting it again. The only question I had about permed hair was that if it would look the same since it's permed curl right now, not natural like it was. I guess I don't understand your reply.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 6:25am
If you don't like the pyramid shape, you can try a layered cut to help thin it. However, if you'd really rather longer hair, I'm sure you can go past your shoulders. You just have to do 2 things. Wait, and don't process your hair.

The straightening and perming damage it, so that's probably why you're having trouble getting it longer. You may have to wait awhile before you can get it longer now because it's probably damaged and will need some trims from time to time to remove splits, but after it begins to grow longer, you won't have the pyramid shape because the ends will get thinner naturally, even if you don't get it layered (and curly long hair is some of the most beautiful on the planet).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic