Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

January Wedding Up or Down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: January Wedding Up or Down
    Posted: December 03 2000 at 3:06pm
I have shoulder length dark hair. I am wearing a tiara type of crown. I had decided to wear my hair up in an updo. Now I am not so sure. What is the current style for brides with tiaras? Up or down? Is there a right way? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JenDoesHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenDoesHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2000 at 1:09am
You should wear it up no doubt. What updo where you thinking?
Jen :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2000 at 4:49am
Reply to message: 11.2.1
I agree with JenDoesHair. An updo just looks stunning with a tiara crown. Yes you can wear tiaras with your hair down but in my opinion they look so much more regal and stunning when they frame and updo.

Updos are never out of style. Lots of cools ones are popping up every day.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Alex B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2000 at 1:42pm
I do at least 4 weddings every weekend and editorials for bridal mags. Since the Jennifer Aniston thing I have found half up and half down to be quite popular.

It really depends on 2 things:-

1. Do you have fine hair or lots of it? If your hair is quite fine go for a complete updo, otherwise the down part can look stringy in photos.
2. What is the overall theme of you wedding? Take into account the gown, venue, veil, etc. Having half up may not suit the overall theme. Don`t just consider the tiara.
Alex B - Make Up Artist
NOYB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOYB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2000 at 3:42pm
Reply to message: 11.4.1
I wear a tiara all the time (just for fun) and I love wearing it down, I`m not too keen on it up!!! BUt than it all depends on your hair type and face shape! YOu should play around and see what you like best!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic