Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to put flowers in hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to put flowers in hair?
    Posted: June 10 2003 at 1:37pm
The mom of a five year old girl I babysit asked me to do her daughter's hair for a wedding, the kiddie's going to be the flower girl. She has gorgeous dark brown curly hair that reaches her lower-back. Now, the bride wants her to have a tiara and some very small flowers all over her updone hair. I know what to do what the tiara, and have a pretty good idea about the updo, but how do I fix all those little flowers in the hair without it being obvious or falling everywhere after one hour? Any tips?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 9:18pm
It depends on the flower. If they have a fairly strong stem, you can cut them to leave about and inch of stem. Then place a hard holding gel in a hairspray lid or anything simular. Dip the stems in the gel and immediatly place the flower in the hair. Allow the gel to dry and it stays in like glue.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 9:26am
Since this thread was originally posted over a month ago, I may be too late in replying. But if the wedding hasn't happened yet, I'll put my 2 cents worth in. My daughter was a flower girl in a wedding and we used small flowers to adorn her hairstyle. I got these really tiny flowers (1/2 or less in width) at Walmart. They can be found in the craft section and they come in a packet of 10 -15 I think. They have wire stems attached so it's really easy to insert them into a hairstyle. Then you can bend the wire so that the flower stays in place and is hidden under the hair somehow. They didn't tear or damage her hair either and were very easy to remove later.

Hope this helps.
Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic