Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Simpson's wedding hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scizzors76 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scizzors76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jessica Simpson's wedding hair?
    Posted: April 18 2004 at 7:35pm
Does anyone have any idea how she achieved that wavy look to her hair? Thanks
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2004 at 11:13am
Hi,

Ken Paves is Jessica's stylist and a very close personal friend of mine.

He told me in detail how Jessica's hair was done. Ken is mentioned in Jessica's wedding book. In fact, there is a photo of him along with the makeup artist - Karan Mitchell - another friend.

In fact, Ken and Jessica had a few "practice" sessions with hair styles for the wedding.

The actual style was a half up/half down ringled curled dressy wedding style. It was designed to show off her veil and her beautiful face.

In anticipation of her wedding day, Jessica grew her hair out as long as possible. That was all of her "natural" hair and not any type of hair extensions. Her natural length for her wedding was a few inches below her shoulder.

Ken first shampooed Jess's hair (he either used Phytojoba or Kerastase - which he used on her strands on a regular basis) and then blow dried it straight.

Then he brushed it (he uses Mason Pearson Popular brushes on Jess) so that it was sleek and shiny.

Then he pulled the top section of the hair up & off her face and back into a half pony tail that rested at the base of her crown. He tied it off with a blonde bungy cord. The hair was pulled back from her hairline so that Jessica's gorgeous face would be highlighted.

Ken made sure the pulled back top section of the hair was sleek and soft. He then used a 1 1/2" barrel curling iron and worked in small sections (1-2 inches of hair) from side to side hand creating ringlets with the curling iron.

Note: You could accomplish similar curls with hot rollers or ringlet style hot rollers.

After Ken created each curl by hand, he would release the curling iron and then carefully pin the newly created curl with a bobby pin into place on Jessica's hair. Then he sprayed it with hair spray. This allowed the newly formed ringlet curl to hold its shape while he worked on the rest of the hair.

After he was finished with the entire head he let all the bobby pinned, newly created ringlet, cool completely and then he carefully removed each one individually. He let them air cool as well after he removed the bobby pins.

Then he used his fingers to carefully arrange the curls into a soft cascade of ringlets that flowed down around her shoulder. He touched up any droopy curls with the hot iron.

He finished by spraying the entire hairdo with Phytolaque Soie spray (in the red bottle). That is Jessica's favorite hairspray.

Jessica has fine hair but she has lots of it. So it is soft and tends to be slippery. Ken uses a lot of hairspray to help it hold the styles he creates.

The hair accessory that was positioned in the back of Jessica's hair at the base of the half pony was an antique jeweled brooch that was borrowed from a major LA jewelry house and was sewn into the back of Jessica's hair with invisible thread to anchor it into place for the wedding.

Ken said the brooch was very very very expensive. You can get the same look with a jeweled barrette made with Swarovskis or Austrian Crystal gems.

Jessica's styles is not really difficult to recreate. It takes a little time to create each ringlet curl but in essence it is a half ponytail with the down hair completely curled and arranged.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Darlene View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 8:02pm
Hi im a HUGE Jessica Simpson fan! I actually have her wedding book! So what was it that you would like to know about her hair! I can answer any questions!
Cecile View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cecile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2004 at 6:34pm
Is there a picture of Jessica's wedding hairstyle in her book ? My friend is getting married and would like to do her hair the same way......would it be possible for you to email me a pic if there's one in the book.
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 2:48pm
I'm doing my hair that way for my wedding in August. I used to have blonde hair just like hers but I had a bad bleaching job and now it's brown. But I am getting extensions next week and will have them for the wedding.
It's really easy to get her hair - like how she always has it curly. I just sleep with my hair wet and when I wake up it's all wavy and then I just wrap a few top sections around a 1 1/2 in curling iron and spray it and VIOLA!
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
elsie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 8:19pm
Did she have layers when she did that style or all one length?
Robb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 9:42am

wow! beautful hairstyle, could you please give me a tip on foundation brand and tell me the brand of the hairstyler in vegas.

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 08 2011 at 2:17pm
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 2:20pm
Her hairstyle for her wedding to Nick Lachey was actually done in Texas where she got married.  Her hairdresser at the time...Ken Paves....flew to Texas from Los Angeles to do her hair.  Jessica had very long hair at the time.  I actually saw her.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
greenx4i4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenx4i4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2013 at 10:54pm
Jessica Simpson has amazingly beautiful hair.  Yes, her hair looked amazing at her wedding, but it looks good all the time in my humble opinion.

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 12 2014 at 8:45am
daviir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 10:51am
thanks for topic

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 12 2014 at 8:47am
jonareynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonareynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2014 at 7:16am
If anyone else needs help with questions about wedding hair I would be happy to help. 

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 12 2014 at 8:50am
JenniferHebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferHebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 6:19am
I love Jessica Simpsons wavy hair style. At this wedding season everyone is talking about a good glimpse of her hairstyle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic