Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

guy in a up-do?? french braid?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Divamikey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divamikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: guy in a up-do?? french braid?
    Posted: January 11 2001 at 7:28pm
Hello, Im looking for ideas and what other women think of a male in a up-do or french braid, my best friend (woman) is getting married, and she wants me in a up-do or french braid, im a twin, me and my sister, so im rather pettite and feminine shaped, so im ok with it all, but i need input from others..thanxs so much...
DivaMikey!
Lacy_sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy_sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2001 at 12:32pm
Reply to message: 13.47.1
i think that guys look weird with only one french braid but look cool with like 6 small braids that go all the way back and end whe you cant braid any more. if that`s what your asking glad to help, if not sorry.
guywithbraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithbraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2001 at 8:02pm
Hi Diva, Did you ask this question once before? Well no matter. I would go for the "updo". It is a lot more elegant. I assume you are in the wedding party. It would be a shame not to have a similar hairstyle than the other members of the wedding party. Are you wearing a dress like the other girls? If you are going to do the hair, you might as well go all the way and REALLY enjoy yourself. I did a few years ago when my cousin got married, I was her Maid of Honor. Evrytime I look at the pictures from her wedding I remember how much fun I had at the wedding and getting ready for it. I hope you enjoy yourself.
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2001 at 1:39pm
NO NO No to an updo, a french braid would be ok if your hair is really long. But you would look to much like a girl with an updo. Dont do it!!
Heather
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2001 at 2:23am
Hi! My personal taste would say go with the french braid. I do them all the time on lots of my friends, male and female. A nice reverse french braid (where the braid comes out on top) can look great on men, and not feminine at all.

The only up-dos I`m familiar with on men are of a rather traditional oriental nature. I`m not sure how any other kind would look on a man. I suppose the answer to your question would depend on what kind of look you are trying to achieve.

Good luck. Hope it all turns out well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic