Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microbraids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JazzyBroad View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyBroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microbraids
    Posted: March 27 2000 at 7:21pm
Hi Everyone,
Fed up with wasting a lot of time on how to style my hair everyday, I have been thinking about getting microbraids. I used to have long hair, but I recently got it cut to my shoulders and had it highlighted also. I would appreciate any information on microbraids, such as how long it takes to get them put in, how to maintain them, how long to keep them in, what type of hair is best to use (synthetic, kanekalon, or human). Also, since this would be my first time having them done, would it be best if I had them done by a professional as opposed to someone who just knows how to do hair well? Also, I'm mixed (black/white), does that make any difference? Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Sincerely,
JazzyBroad
Clarixa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarixa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2000 at 7:28pm
Hi,
I am curius to know what all of the answers are. I too am thinking of getting braids for the first time. If you do not mind , can you please e-mail me back when you do get your response, Thank you!
OkayJay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OkayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2000 at 8:11pm
OkayJay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OkayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2000 at 8:18pm
okay girl first of all the braids can stay in as long as your'e willing to keep them ( considering touch ups) anyway I do microbraids and I do them for $60.00, if you want, when you read my letter you can respond to my message and i'll do them. The best hair I prefer for mixed (black/white) type hair is the most fine hair you can find, if your hair is thicker then I prefer Yaki hair. The price ranges for hair are anywhere from $18.00-$20.00 at the most, try something new and give microbraids a try.

OkayJay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OkayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2000 at 8:20pm
jazzybroad View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzybroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2000 at 7:10pm
thanks for you help. so how are touch-ups done?
allabouthair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allabouthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2000 at 4:20pm
First of all my impression of micro-braids are the ones that Brandy wears.....Now I have had these done, the results are nice if you dont mind sitting for up to 10 hours...and its a living hell to take them out. Now Okay Jay, if you are charging $60 for such a labor intensive task...something is wrong, you are surely cheating yourself, and most likely your customer. And for good quality human hair, you can expect to pay a lot more than 15-20 bucks. Second of all, braids cannot stay in as long as you would like them. The life cycle for microbraids is no longer than 3 months. Any longer would cause the natural hair to grown around the start of the braid promoting breakage!! Hair should be thouroughly washed and conditioned once the braids are removed, and you should wait at least one week before a re-do, to allow the hair and scalp to breathe. Services such as microbraids run between $150-$350. Especially if the person knows what the heck they are doing.
nevah been the type View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevah been the type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2000 at 10:52pm
Reply to message: 15.43.1
touch ups are done by re-doing the micro braids ONLY around you your hair line (by the ear to the fore head to the other). That`s exactly what touch ups are unless you got your micro braids done with a part. In this case the touch ups would consist of ONLY re-doing the hair that was parted. TOuchs are done if u want to move the part from on side to the other or to the middle. You know to change the style. Micro braids can take up to 10 hours depending on the length (Brandy`s look took 10 hrs to do) price range for this style is no less than 120 dollars unless you get an unlicensed braider. The style can last up to 3 months. I heard it`s really healthy for the hair to grow out and keeps you from doing your hair everyday. Any other questions email: jasokend@iolky.com
Camille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2001 at 11:52pm
Reply to message: 15.36.1
i want to get mine done but in order for you too do them where are you located?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2001 at 8:22pm
I know this late but I`m curious where are u located because I really need to do something with this hair. thanks
midget gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midget gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2001 at 3:35pm
are microbraids the american version to plaited hair extensions you see im from england and ive just had plaited extensions and they looks great they took 7hrs to do and where expensive ive had them in 2 days
just woundring if there the same
and can you wash them
moccagirl22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moccagirl22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2001 at 7:29pm
$60.00, that`s cheap!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic