Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Giovanni - Frizz Be Gone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giovanni - Frizz Be Gone
    Posted: September 30 2002 at 10:03am
Hi, My name is Renee, I am Deaf, an African American. I wonder if "Frizz Be Gone" used for black people his hair is like wool, frizzy.... can use that "Frizz Be Gone" become hair be very smooth like Relaxer so when once 8 to 12 weeks hair get growing frizzy again, Dont need go to Hair Salon get touch Relaxer Appt. anymore?? Can used that "Frizz Be Gone" better than that permed?? And or not that one other one, please send me, show me pic. what kind which one, if I need it ok?? Thank you.

http://mp.hairboutique.com/details.asp?ProdID=880

Renee
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 1:44pm
Hey Renee,

I would love to help with the Frizz Be Gone question but I`m not really sure what you are asking. If you could rewrite your email I`m sure someone might be able to shead some light on your questions.

Shaun
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 1:38pm

Dear Shaun,

I apologize for the misunderstanding I`ve caused. I`m getting help to explain clearly in what I`m trying to ask about.

I`m asking if "Frizz Be Gone" by Giovanni will make my hair smooth for African American?
So then I dont have go to Hair Salon get permed anymore?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 9:52am
Dear Shaun,

I apologize for the misunderstanding I`ve caused. I`m getting help to explain clearly in what I`m trying to ask about.

I`m asking if "Frizz Be Gone" by Giovanni will make my hair smooth for African American?
So then I dont have go to Hair Salon get permed anymore? Why u not send me today?

Please let me know. Thanks.

karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 11:16am
Hi Renee. Don`t feel bad. This board is horrendously slow ( I think maybe because it is school season), so a reply can possibly take a good while.

Meanwhile, I have never tried the product, nor have I ever heard of it until now, but it does sound interesting. I am checking it out for myself. Here are some links that I found concerning the product. I can`t seem to find anything that gives other people`s reviews on the product, and I can`t find anything about it being used on African-Americans` hair. But I think the only way you`ll know is to give it a try for yourself. Oh, and another tip. Try posting your question in one of the other boards, like the long hair board or the curly board. There are other hair boards on the Internet too, like the relaxed hair care club at Yahoo. So, I hope this helps.

http://www.reach4life.com/details.asp?ProdID=7092

http://differentdaisy.safeshopper.com/525/1114.htm?193

http://www.herbtrader.com/209014.html

http://www.nutritionblvd.com/shop-by-brand-giovanni-hair-care-products.html

http://mp.hairboutique.com/details.asp?ProdID=880
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 6:40pm
Dear Renee, I know that Giovanni products are considered very good hair products, very safe and natural! It probably wouldn`t hurt you to try the product, and it could help your hair! Best of luck!
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2002 at 11:27am
Dear Renee,

Renee darling, did you ever get to try the "Frizz be gone" product by Giovanni? If you try it , let us know if it worked for you!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 1:25pm

Dear John,

Hey Hi John!! How are u doing day?
Thanks u for responding to my message, But I am really a little nervos it is beacuse I was looked can`t find none proof show me Model pic. for African-American`s hair if not belong to Govanni Frizz Be Gone Texturizing Balm and Giovanni Shampoos?? Sooner I will trying order for my best OK....

Ok one more thing , Well My hair was very dry, damaged, itchy, weak, very thin, break out... And I been looking it and find it. Which very help good for Jojoba oil for my hair dry... And I need really badly go to the Hair Salon get cutting my hair be short ok as soon If u please send me let me to know ok thanks you.

Renee
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 1:33pm
Dear Renee,
I don`t have any pictures darling, but I think it is great that you are getting your hair cut and fixed up and thank you for replying to my message!
Best Wishes!
Johan
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 2:45pm
Hey Renee,

Have you tried Frizz-Ease by John Frieda?

He also has a new line of products called "Relax" that is specifically geared for African-American hair. But there are African-Americans that use Frizz-Ease. Try checking out his website.

www.johnfrieda.com
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 10:42am
Dear Karonica,

Hi, Yes I have one Frizz-Ease at home. I done my hair but not really as good. I was though that Frizz-Ease was permed but not... I was shampoos then used with texture correcting serum take the hair blow dry then staright forwarn seem smooth next few 2 days then I used moisture remedy then next 2 or 3 days my hair was break out and some my hair fall out. Then unitl I go to Hair Salon 8 to 12 weeks when my growing frizzy. I was not very happy about that. I not want go to my hair Appt. get permed. But I am trying to looking for Giovann Frizz Be Gone and shampoos too that what u did send me and I hope if they is work help make my hair are smooth. I will trying to order as sooner a little take my time ok let u know if it is work or not ok... You can send me any time by today ok smile.

Renee
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 12:02pm
Hey Renee.

I think that you should go ahead and give the Frizz Be Gone a try. I think I read that it was all natural, so it can do too much damage.

Also, another good shampoo is Creme of Nature. It gives hair plenty of moisture. I use the kind for dry and color-treated hair, since I have both.

Pantene Pro-V has some stuff for the frizzes too. I am going to give their cremes a try, since I use their curly mousse on my relaxed hair, and I love it. Also, their products don`t contain alcohol. Here`s a link.

http://www.pantene.com/en_US/browse_products/regimen_page/smooth/index.jhtml

Have fun.
Karonica
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 8:19am
Dear Karonica,

Hi, Really? Pantene Smoothing really help frizzy become smoothing the best than Frizz-Ease relaxed?? I will trying do it later but I want to do frist Giov. Frizz Be Gone as sooner ok smile. Thank you.

Renee
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 11:23am
Dear Karonica,

Hi, Really? Pantene Smoothing really help frizzy become smoothing the best than Frizz-Ease relaxed?? I will trying do it later but I want to do frist Giov. Frizz Be Gone as sooner ok smile. Thank you. Hello There???

Renee
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 11:35am
Hey Renee.

I don`t really know for sure. I just posted it because I thought that it may be of some help for you. I`ve used Pantene`s shampoo before (years ago), and I currently use their curly mousse, whenever I want to wear my hair in a natural curly look. But, I have not used their frizz stuff before. I saw it in CVS yesterday, in VA, and it was a little pricey for me. About 7 something dollars just for a little jar. I don`t know, and they had a frizz treatment, which came in a bigger container for around the same price. It was like a conditioner treatment which you can put in your hair after shampooing, and then you wash it out.

The Pantene stuff can be found in your local drug store, while you would have to order the Frizz Be Gone. So, that`s something else you can think about. Also, yesterday, I bought this Hair Polisher by Shine because I LOVE their gel. It smells like Kool-Aid. Anyway, I tried a little bit of that on my hair in its curly state, and it didn`t do too much for me, but then again, I only used a little bit.

Well, just go ahead and experiment. It seems like you really want that Frizz Be Gone, so I suggest that you give it a try.

PS- The Pantene Company lied. I saw one of their products (I forgot which one) and it DID contain alcohol. On their website, they said that they don`t use it in their products. Shame on them!
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 11:44am
OOPS!

Just thought about something. I always use Profectiv Products and they have some sort of alcohol in it too. Oh well. :P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic