Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mane n Tail Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jadelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mane n Tail Products
    Posted: December 05 2004 at 12:36am
I've been doing alittle investigating into Mane n Tail Shampoos and Conditioners. (For anyone who doesn't know, Mane n Tail is a product line first developed for horses but is now used for humans also.) I went to longhaircareforum and many ladies on this sight raved about the conditioners. Many noticed a change in softeness, elasticity, and bounciness. My mom use to use it in her hair a looong time ago with great results. I was wondering if anyone here has used them and what do you think?? I heard the lotion is good too!!

the website is http://www.manentail.com
Yi Shi Tong Ren
(Extend the same treatment to all)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2004 at 8:17am
Hey,
I read that same forum about the product. I haven't used it myself but from what I gather it is good. If your mother used it a loooong time ago, was it still for horses then? I thought they created a formula for humans quite recently. If you know the answer let me know...thanks
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2004 at 10:01am
Mane 'N Tail products are AMAZING. I recently bleached my hair way too many times and it was starting to look and feel completely fried. I've tried lots of expensive salon products, but Mane 'N Tail products are better than any of them. I alternate the Mane 'N Tail Conditioner with a really cheap Shea Butter Conditioner and follow with Mane 'N Tail Leave-In Detangler. I live in Canada; Mane 'N Tail products are available here in most drugstores and grocery stores (for under $10).

Here's a link for finding suppliers in your area. http://www.manentail.com/whereBuy.asp

Ouidad products are made especially for curly hair, but they're ridiculously expensive. I did some research on the ingredients in their $38 conditioner and found a nearly identical product for about 1/6 of the cost -- it's a dog grooming conditioner.

P.S. My mother uses a cream made for cow's udders on her face. She buys it from the vet. It sounds disgusting, but she's 61 and looks really young for her age. Maybe the key to looking gorgeous is to just cover ourselves from head to toe with animal-care products.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
jadelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 12:17am
I think it was for horses back then when my mom used it. I'm not sure where she went to get it then, but she found out about it from her mother who is Native American. They both have great looking hair.

I know about the udder cream too! It's called Udderly Smooth (Ha Ha!) and it works wonderfully!! I have so many weird recipes from my family, but all the women in my family look at least 10-15 younger than what they are!
Yi Shi Tong Ren
(Extend the same treatment to all)
brown_eyed_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown_eyed_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 3:53pm
Mane and tail never did much for me, personally speaking.... i guess it just depends on the individual...
"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

bri123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 8:57am
Has anyone tried the Mane & tail carrot oil creme?
thanks
bri123
EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by bri123 bri123 wrote:

Has anyone tried the Mane & tail carrot oil creme?
thanks
bri123

I've used the Mane n' Tail carrot oil creme and I absolutely love it. I've tried several carrot oil cream's this past year, and gave them away after trying Mane n' Tail's brand. It just seemed to "melt" into my hair and made it super soft and silky. Definitely a staple product for me.
"Courage is grace under pressure."
- Ernest Hemingway

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 8:35pm
k...adding mane and tail to my to get hair products
bri123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 10:34am
Thanks EdenRose!
Also one more question what does the carrot oil creme smell like?
bri123
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 8:30pm
I didn't know Mane and Tail made a carrot creme! Where can you find it? Oh, and by the by, I washed my hair last night and used Mane and Tail conditioner. It was great!! I was actually able to let my hair air-dry loose. Usually I have to braid it because it tangles and is hard to manage. My hair is soo soft now and bouncy. It's never bouncy!! My sisters' noticed the difference too. I'd definitely try it Renee.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Guyanese girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guyanese girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 4:47pm
Because my hair is natural and highlighted, I shall be buying the Deep moisturising Shampoo and conditioner, plus the Hair Strenthener and Revitalizing Creme. I have heard so many things about this product, how good they are. So I will be trying it. Hopefully, I should see a difference in my hair.
C_Dub View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 8:52am
For me personally I didn't have the desired results with that line. In fact it made me break out. That was about 5 years ago. Maybe they changed the ingredients. If you live in the Chicago area, they sell the carrot oil in many beauty supply stores.
EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by bri123 bri123 wrote:

Thanks EdenRose!
Also one more question what does the carrot oil creme smell like?
bri123

The Mane n' Tail carrot oil creme has a very nice light, fresh, pleasant scent.
- Ernest Hemingway

EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Honeydoo Honeydoo wrote:

I didn't know Mane and Tail made a carrot creme! Where can you find it? Oh, and by the by, I washed my hair last night and used Mane and Tail conditioner. It was great!! I was actually able to let my hair air-dry loose. Usually I have to braid it because it tangles and is hard to manage. My hair is soo soft now and bouncy. It's never bouncy!! My sisters' noticed the difference too. I'd definitely try it Renee.

I ordered mine online at ebonyline.com, and I've also seen it at the bss.
- Ernest Hemingway

Guyanese girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guyanese girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 6:40pm
I was not able to get the extra moisturising shampoo and conditioner of Mane n Tail. So I bought the orginal shampoo and conditioner, the hair strengthener and Revitalizing creme. To the shampoo, I only used a 10p (dime size) and I added two drops of olive and one drop of honey, which I found was very moisturising. I also found the revitalizing creme, mixed with a little of the conditioner and one drop of castor oil, seems to keep my hair very soft and it has quite a pleasant smell. So far, I pleased.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic