Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grow-Out Challenge 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
Author
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:47pm

Hi Honeydoo, check out this link...maybe it may be helpful in your decision about what vitamins to add.

http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/dr_jamieson_ailment.asp?ail_ id=40

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:00pm

hey honeydoo. The pic is like 9 months old. About 2 months before i started having problems with my hair. And the main cause of that damage was pantene!!! lol. Now that i think my hair is in good health, i just want to get to brastrap....like right now!!

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:28pm
Welcome to the challenge Renee! That link do not work if u are not a member to the longhaircareforum but if u have a fotki u can  just go to your album and copy the link from the address bar and then post it here. That would be great.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:31pm

IndigoRed, thanks for the link. There is alot of good info there.

Renee, I know what you mean about Pantene!! I use to use it about 3 years ago. Never again will I travel down that road!! It made my hair hard. I haven't tried their African American line of products but I don't know if I want to chance it.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:40pm
I use pantene..it works great for me so far. The African American line did not react well with my hair. Did the damage happen right away or  over period for time?

Hey honeydoo, happy the link is helpful.

Edited by IndigoRed
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:05am
The damage happened over a period of time. I got the setting lotion but i poured it out eventually cos i needed the container 
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:32am

Hey Ladies don't forget, April 1st is this Friday. We will update our progress then. Ladies that just joined, if you want to add something now or update on May 1st is fine. It's just the first month, so I don't expect drastic changes, but I think everyone will have some positve things to say!!

Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:07am

Hey Ladies,

Sorry it took so long, but I have my regimen. Since Im growing my relaxer out, Im going to try to keep my hair braided and oiled. Weekly Shampoos, Vitamins (Multi and Biotin), deep conditioners weekly, oil treatments monthly, and trims monthly. Is this good?

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:51am
Sounds good to me, tell use how it works. Have you heard
conditioner washes? U wash your hair as though it is shampoo,
don't worry you hair will be clean. I am only suggesting it, since
you are transitioning it might help with working with the new
growth. I would say, condition was more and use shampoo
less. For example, If u wash 2 times a week, I would wash with
shampoo once out of those 2 times. Just think about it and see
if it works. Sometimes u have to experiement.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:01pm
Thanks, I'll try that.
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:20pm

I just wanted to let you know I have my online album!   I will be updating it frequently.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 8:55pm
Hey Renee,
Thanks for the Pantene advice.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 8:59pm

Cebnn, your hair is so pretty like that! Do you curl it up or can you rollerset it this way? I tried curling it up this way a few months ago but to maintain it I had to curl everyday and I hated that. I need to get an online album but I'm not good with stuff like that.

cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:04pm
I never tried rollersetting I don't have a dryer yet. (advice on a good one anybody?) ..  I guess it could work rollersetting it, and rolling the ends at night if you can sleep like that.. But yea I was curling it everyday..when I wore it like that. I didn't like putting that much heat on it, so I have started giving myself then make-shift cornrows ( I can do other peoples but not my own) and two-strand flat twist, as an alternative.

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:11pm

I have not experienced this but some people do one roller set and the days following they pin it up at night (pin curls) and its the same the next day.

@ Nubianqt... u are welcome. Tell me if u like it or not.

@ Cebnn...your pics are nice and your son is adorable. I know how hard it is to take your own pics, I took most of mine. Alot of people think it's crazy to take pics of hair so i had to do it myself. U should see how many I take before they looked decent or weren't staring at something in the background.

Ok i see my name too much on this board, i feel like im getting annoying.

Edited by cmesweet
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:49pm
If i want a curly style, i do a bantu knot set. It lasts for like 2 days. I do it at night before before, put on my satin cap and do whatever i have to do in the morning. I normally do this when im like 2 mths post relaxer cos i cant wear my hair straight anymore.
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:03pm
cmesweet.. I like seeing your name on the board so much, bc you give some of the best advice!

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:19pm
Thank you Cebnn
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:50am
Update- well i trimmed and colored around mid-march. Went lighter for the summer. Still using Shapley's MTG every other day, on the alternate days- i use either shealoe butter, shea butter(unrefined) or organic hair butter. Still moisturizing at nite and placing a thin plastic cap on my head overnite. Still co washing daily. Still shampooing/deep conditioning weekly. I think my hair is doing fine- much less breakage and shedding, very moist. so i think that i will make it to my short-term goal on my 2 year nappy anniversary-June 6, 2005. I plan to get my hair braided on Sunday. Just some cornrows for 2-4 weeks.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 10:32am

Edited by Renee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
  Share Topic