Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHAIR VITAMINS FOR MEN?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeyyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeyyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAIR VITAMINS FOR MEN?
    Posted: August 30 2003 at 11:27pm
hello:
are there any hair vitamins for men. i was considering the gns product, nourishair but it specifically says for women..

does anyone have any idea.

thanks.

Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 11:15pm
Viviscal. I believe it was intended for male baldness to begin with. I told my husband if it makes my hair grow faster I am making him take it for his receding hairline!
jeyyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeyyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 1:58am
Thanks Maria. My aunt is trying Viviscal in a few days. I will make my decision based on her results. Everyone here has great feedbacks on viviscal.

Clarabell View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 9:11am
Vitamins are unisex for general hair concerns. However, for hair loss issues the two vitamins or supplements for men are generally thought to be Propecia and Viviscal. Propecia requires a prescription but you can get them over the web pretty easily. Viviscal can be used by either men or women but it is known to help men with genetic hairloss or hereditary hair loss issues. Also, Phyto makes a program for men with hair loss. My brother took Viviscal at the recommendation of his doctor and it really seemed to help with his hair loss. He also tried Propecia but did not find it helpful.

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 10:33pm
My hubby is taking GNC Ultra Nourishair for men. The ingredients are a little different than the women's.

It's been a full month, and it doesn't seem to help much. He is still shedding all over the place. That is the only concrete benefit I seem to get from Women's Ultra Nourishair. Far less shedding.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic