Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Styling Products That Thicken Hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Styling Products That Thicken Hair.
    Posted: April 03 2003 at 12:24pm
Hi all,

My friend who happens to be a business associate has very thin, fine hair. It is like super baby soft. When I first met him about 10 years ago he was so frustrated with his hair that he used PertPlus and his hair looked all waxy. I started working on him to try new products...and eventually he did. First he tried the ARTec Volume shampoo and gel and thought it was a big improvement over the PertPlus. Then I had him try Aveda Blue Malva for his dark blonde hair which ruffled the cuticle and helped his hair swell. He combined the Aveda with the Confixer and was in heaven for about 1 year. Then he got bold and decided to try more products. I had him try several brands and finally he tried the Matrix Amplify shampoo and gel. He also tried the PhytoMousse volume shampoo and PhytoVolume Actif. He loved the Amplify and it made his hair look awesome. He liked the Phyto but preferred the Matrix for his hair.

Recently he ran out of the Amplify and on his own tried Matrix Vavoom which was an earlier product for volume that Matrix had. He didn't like it. He started using the Phyto and really likes the PhytoVolume Actif. Now he alternates between the Phyto and the Matrix and his hair looks really great with fullness and shine. He now has decided that alternating makes some difference and gives him more fullness.

I would love to hear about other volume enhancing products you have all tried. It is so interesting how some hair responds to products and other hair has no reaction. I personally have medium thick/wavy/slight curly hair so I fight the moisture battle constantly. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 2:49pm
I tried the Redkin Headstart products which I found to be rather weird. There was a spray on product that you actually washed out and it sort of made my hair thicker but it felt really weird and looked very dull. I didn't like it at all. I have a friend who didn't have fine hair and she did like it. Go figure.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 9:18pm
Hi Karen,

Paul Mitchells extra body line is really great. It is my best selling product line. Another is Redkens Thickening Lotion. It actually packs the cuticle with protien and it builds on it, instead of swelling the cuticle which can lead to frizziness.

I hope this helps.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 10:03am
I tried the Paul Mitchell Extra Body products and found that they are still too heavy for my hair. I looked limp and greasy when I used them.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic