Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baby Bangs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Bangs
    Posted: April 09 2003 at 4:22pm
Well, I've kind of got a weird situation going on. I was really stupid and cut my own bangs. Well, naturally I messed them up and so I went to my hairdresser to get them fixed and he had to cut baby bangs. I guess this is a blooper because I don't know how to style them. They are too short to push to the side and look terrible just hanging down. Nothing with gell or hairspray seems to work because it is so hot and humid here that the sticky stuff just melts. I have a growing out sort of inverted short bob that doesn't have a great shape right now so you can imagine how rotten I look, especially with my square face. Any ideas on how to style this mess until it grows out a bit???
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 2:45am
What are baby bangs... I envision very short, between the brow and hairline??

When I cut my bangs I pull all of my hair back into a loose ponytail and either make an upside down "V" part or a slightly curved part (I do not like heavy bangs at all so I keep the part closer to the front). Then I pull the hair to the front and snip it about mid-nose, straight across. Then I pull the hair up, this time the hair is between my fingers which are parallel to my nose and when pulled up the bangs resemble a mohawk, and I snip it.

The bangs come out slightly layered, not so thick.

Can you wear clips, a head band, or fashionable scarf? Your bangs will grow out before you know it!! If they are really short... you will just have to wait, but you can pretend it's the look you wanted.
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic