Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stars with fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stars with fine hair
    Posted: April 12 2003 at 12:46pm
Who are your "hair heros?" I always watch certain stars who have hair similar to mine to see what they are doing with it. I have always loved how brave Sharon Stone is with her styles but lately I don't think she is looking too good except in her AOL commercials where she almost looks permed. I am also interested in Cameron Diaz but I don't like her with long hair. Cynthia Nixon has also been disappointing lately. Reece Witherspoon has fine hair and usually looks pretty good. I like her with the shorter hair she has right now. I also like Amber Valetta (the model) but I haven't seen what she looks like lately--she was really short. Seems like most of these fine haired ladies stay pretty short. What do y'all think?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 1:02pm
Hi Demodoll,

Great topic. I know that Jessica Simpson has fine hair, although her stylist said she has lots of hair but it is fine. Jessica tends to wear her hair shoulder length or longer and I think she looks better with longer locks overall. Regardless, I have met her in person and she is very beautiful but I think she looks better in hair that is at least to her shoulders. I have also heard that Britney Spears had fine hair as well. However, she tends to wear extensions a lot so it is not as obvious. Avril Lavigne appears to have hair that is on the fine side. Either that or it is worn flat.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 3:41pm
How about Trista Rehn from the Bachelorette? Her hair looks very fine. Also what about Hillary S**** and Martha Plimpton? They both seem to have fine hair?
JOEE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 5:45am
Amanda Bynes - it looks flyaway fine, but it always looks under control
Amanda Jones View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:33pm
Avril Lavigne has that flyaway look to her hair which makes me think it is fine. Or is it just bad lighting?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 9:48am
I don't know about Avril. I think her hair is kind of thick. I don't see too many fine haired girls who can get their hair quite that long without it just being horribly stringy. I thought Brittney's was fine too but her latest cut doesn't look that way.
onefabulousgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefabulousgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 10:50pm
I think Calista Flockhart, Uma Thurman and Jennifer Garner have silky pretty fine hair.
Firefly Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefly Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2003 at 11:24am
Hi 1FabGirl,

Well I know for a fact that Calista and Uma have very fine hair but I have read that Jennifer Gardner has thick hair that is naturally straight. It is hard to tell though because of all the wigs she wears on TV. So it may be actually fine but again, hard to tell. Calista and Uma there is no question though. On Ally McBeal I used to think that Calista's hair was very very fine. :-)

FG
Solo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 8:57pm
Michelle Phiffer has the most amazing cut and color and is fine. She keeps it in great condition, that is what I am striving for!!!
tinkerbryt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinkerbryt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 12:00am
Lisa Rena looks like she may have fine hair as well as Ashley Judd. I read on a site that these Stars usually keep their cuts short and dark generally to give the illusion of thicker hair. Blonde hair usually appears thinner. Ever notice how people with eating disorders have very fine,stringy hair? Is it because they have unhealthy diets?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 1:06am
I thought lighter hair looked thicker, because of the well-known illusion that dark objects look smaller than light/bright ones. That's the main reason I've been considering going lighter with my hair lately, actually :-P .
Yes, people with eating disorders often lose their hair, because of depriving their bodies of necessary nutrients. Eating well, exercising, and taking vitamins all are supposed to make hair healthier. Bleh, I need to remember to take mine a little more often!
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 11:23am
I have short blonde hair and it always looks thin. My daughter has fine hair and she recently went from platinum blonde to a warm brown with honey colored highlights. What a beautiful difference that made. Her hair looks thicker and healthier and it really warmed up her skin and brought out her eyes. Try a few highlights maybe but I wouldn't advise all over blonde to look thicker.

From studying your picture kuroneko, I think you would look great with a few honey colored highlights. You can always dye them back if you hate them.
agatha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agatha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I thought lighter hair looked thicker, because of the well-known illusion that dark objects look smaller than light/bright ones. That's the main reason I've been considering going lighter with my hair lately, actually :-P .
Yes, people with eating disorders often lose their hair, because of depriving their bodies of necessary nutrients. Eating well, exercising, and taking vitamins all are supposed to make hair healthier. Bleh, I need to remember to take mine a little more often!

One thing I notice when I go from my natural brown to a blond is that there seems to be a ton more texture to my hair and it actually looks longer. My hair is -extremely- short most of the time, and once it grows about two months I start putting goop in it to spike or texturize. Changing to blond really helps a lot especially if you want to start trying to the towel-dried look. I also really like the look of light tips and dark roots.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic