Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want hair like this!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VegasAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VegasAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want hair like this!
    Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:03pm
http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL193/979557/1818789/21577824.jpg
My hair is fine but I want volume like the girl in the picture. Anyone know how I could get that hair style? Blow-drying upside down and using mouse just doesn't work for me.
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 11:08am
Try using a hair thickener like redken's and/or a product specifically to lift the roots and blow drying. Also, don't use too much product, that weighs hair down and makes it feel oily...I don't like mousse either.

That is a nice hairstyle. Mine wouldn't stay like that unless I used the above and lots of hair spray. Even then it would eventually go flat.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 7:59pm
I don't think mine would ever do that no matter what I did. That girl appears to have thick sort of coarse, heavy hair. You might be able to get away with a wispier version of that with some light layering around your face depending on how thick your fine hair is. It is better to try to work with the texture you have and see what will best suit it. Trying to change it will only prove frustrating in the long run,.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Heather kz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heather kz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 11:06am
Great Hairstyle! You can try using a root volumizer to achieve this look. I have long fine hair, and my style is almost the same as the picture. I use the Herbal Essences Natural Volume root volumizer. It is light weight and I get great results! I also keep long layers in my hair to prevent it from looking weighed down.
Hope it helps
Heather
locksoflove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locksoflove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2003 at 3:50am
Hi there. I suggest "Thicker Fuller Hair Moisturizing
shampoo,Weightless conditioner,(use both as on bottle instructions), and Volume Boost (volumizing spray applied to root area of scalp before blow drying as usual.It also may be sprayed on lightly after styling hair, for flexible hold and control).These
products marketed by Cell-U-Plex and use pure plant extracts.

I just bought a bottle of Volume Boost yesterday and have used the moisturizing shampoo and weightless conditioner in alternation with my other shampoos ,conditioners,etc., and have had good results which make mt fine,long hair have much more volume and very shiny,flexible.

Hope you give them a try and Good Luck!Rick (locksoflove)
locks2trim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic