Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Layers? Razoerd?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babysangel1005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babysangel1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Layers? Razoerd?
    Posted: June 16 2003 at 6:28pm
I have had my hair cut in a bob before. I have seen a cut on some of my friends, I really like it. It's the cut where it's cut in a bob, but the ends are flipped out...but it's kind of a messy flip. Anyways I have really fine thin hair. I just wanted to know if anyone has this style and if anyone thinks that it will work on my hair.

Thanks a bundle~
Stacy
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 8:49am
It might work but maintaining that flip without a load of very strong holding hairspray might be difficult. Your best bet would be to consult a good hairdresser (one who you trust) and see what they think. The length is important too. The longer you go with that type of style, the harder it will be to keep it flipped.

I find that the type of climate you live in makes a huge difference. If you live in a dry place (out west somewhere for example) it will work much better than if you live in a humid climate. Where I live in south Florida, the hairspray would melt in a matter of minutes and I would have limp, sticky strings. I have to go for the simplest kind of style to have it work at all.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide. The best thing about that kind of style is that if the flip doesn't work, you can still wear it in a smooth, sleek bob and look fantastic. Just don't try to wear it too long so it will hold its shape.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:37am
be very careful of having fine hair razor cut. because fine hairs tend not to "lay" as well as thicher hair and there for doesn't create the effect razoring is after and really IMO makes it look like it still needs to be cut.
daisygrl80 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygrl80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 9:08pm
I have fine hair, a lot of it, and I have a texture, razored haircut. It's not all about the cut, but using the right products. I use Root Boost by Catwalk and Small Talk by Bed Head and blow dry my hair. I then style it out with Manipulator by Bed Head and then hair spray it with another TIGI choice. It literally takes me 5 minutes from wet to styled. It's very easy to maintain. Razoring will make your hair a little more dry, just to warn you. It's not a "healthy" look.

Hope this helps!
Margie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 2:50pm
Be careful getting razor hair cuts if you have fine hair mine is a big mess. It always looks messy and unhealthy with big gaps in it that makes me look like I am going bald I hate it. RAZOR cuts do NOT work on fine hair.
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 3:07pm
I agree... I know from experience. I got my fine hair razored and the ends felt so dry and course. I ended up getting the razored ends cut/trimmed off. My hair feels a million times better now.

Good Luck.
Becky
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 2:19pm
I would have to agree. Unless you have really thick fine hair, razoring just won't work. Makes it look really chopped up and not in a good way.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
your View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote your Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by daisygrl80 daisygrl80 wrote:

I have fine hair, a lot of it, and I have a texture, razored haircut. It's not all about the cut, but using the right products. I use Root Boost by Catwalk and Small Talk by Bed Head and blow dry my hair. I then style it out with Manipulator by Bed Head and then hair spray it with another TIGI choice. It literally takes me 5 minutes from wet to styled. It's very easy to maintain. Razoring will make your hair a little more dry, just to warn you. It's not a "healthy" look.

Hope this helps!

i agrre do you eat pizza
suie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by daisygrl80 daisygrl80 wrote:

Hope this helps!

do yoiu eat pizza
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic