Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a good hairspray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ronda22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a good hairspray
    Posted: August 08 2003 at 5:45am
Ronda22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 5:49am
sorry!! pushed the wrong button. what i need is a good hairspray that i can use for the final touch. i have fine hair, quite a bit of it, and i blow dry it straight. its shoulder length with layers and highlighted. it looks so soft and smooth when i am finished, but as soon as i put hairspray on it, it looks terrible!! its almost like its weighs it down and it looks sticky. i use paul mitchells super clean medium hold style. and i've also used suave, and tresseme, and they all seem to be doing the same thing. i want something lightweight but keeps the hold. my hair is light and fluffy until the hairspray. and then i end up putting it in a ponytail b/c its lost all its body. could someone suggest something, please???? thanks in advance!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 12:42pm
I like Vavoom but none of them seem to work real well for me.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 12:48pm
I use very little hairspray...now that I keep mine straight (as it is natural and not permed anymore) my bangs are past chin-length...usually just sweep it up for work, specially since the humidity's like 90-100% lately...just spritz a bit on to separate the ends when it's up. I use and have for year, Paul Mitchell Freeze & Shine.
Mylissa
MSBASCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSBASCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 2:46am
I like Herbal Essense in medium hold. It does make my hair a little stickey but not too bad. It holds pretty decently and smells good too.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 3:08am
I think spray gel is better for me than hairspray, as it doesn't make my hair feel quite as sticky or crunchy.
Blee. . . I used to like to get it very firm to stay perfectly in place through wind and rain and everything, but I've gotten a lot more relaxed about that now.
More awesome than a manatee!
Kimmie6604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmie6604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:48am
Kenra 25 is awsome but they make a product call Satin Gloss Drops,  If you blowdry your hair straight maybe just a touch of the gloss drops vs hairspray would keep it looking not sticky just shiny.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 10:11am
Matrix Vavoom is awesome!  At least I think so.  Holds well without being super sticky, a little goes a long way, and best of all - it leaves no trace of buildup on my very fine hair.
Dawna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:46am
I use Silk Therapy.  It's a superior product I get from my stylist.

I use their mousse and Silk Therapy conditioner as well.

Nice stuff.

* *  edit * *

actually, the stuff is called Biosilk.  The "conditioner" I use from this line is called "Silk Therapy".  Lovely stuff.

Edited by Dawna
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:56pm
what about using mousse ...applying it when your hair is wet....and then going on with styling and forgetting about hair spray.  I personally hate hair spray and never use it.... Actually, I never use anything on my hair but leave in and heat control stuff...my hair is very thin and can't take anything else.  But if your hair is thicker...why not try a good mousse ...I personally use to use Big Sexy.... But like I said... My hair just can't take mousse!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 4:11am
I've attempted to use mousse once in a while, but thus far I've never gotten the hang of it, really.  Sometimes it makes my hair look greasy, and sometimes it somehow manages to give me weird, out od control, Conan O'Brien-like hair :-P .  They really need to offer free classes with the purchase of all styling products so clueless people like me can figure them out!
More awesome than a manatee!
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 11:28am
If you use cones the best thing I have found is paul mitchell gloss drops but dont put it in dry hair use it on wet hair.  I never get frizz at all with it but like I said dont use it on dry hair if you have fine hair use it in wet hair.  I also love Kenra design spray it is awesome
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 12:39pm
paul mitchell has some good sprays.
Babycheeks
KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 11:54am
I like Sebastian Shaper Zero Finishing Spray (aerosol).
Strand test, strand test, strand test!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 11:21pm

I use Aussie Sprunch spray. You dont need alot at all with this stuff! One or two sprays and that sucker isnt moving for the rest of the day,LOL.

HABEEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HABEEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 7:24am
http://www.buyhair.co.uk/tigi-bed-head-superstar-volumising-hairspray-200ml-p-3526.html this stuff is great for vitalising hair, I have one in my hand bag it really lifts my hair and I can spirits it on and have hair full of volume :) hope this helps
xx
lexishine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexishine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 5:00pm
I have really fine hair also and the best hairspray I have ever used is Moroccan Oil Luminous hairspray. My hair is thin so every single hairspray I used weighed it down and made my hair look dirty even thou I just washed it. My friend turned me on to the Dvada website and that's where I order my stuff.
donosos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donosos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 11:08am
Hi,

As you want to know about some nice hair spray so i must tell you that there are many such type of good quality of hair products which may use without any effect on your hair but it seems to be a hasty decision to tell you the name of them so from my view you should visit haircare expert to avoid any type of risk

Thanks!

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><> uk pharmacist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic