Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairsnaps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairsnaps
    Posted: September 27 2003 at 12:05am
They're those tiny plastic things that come in cute shapes, the same shape on each side, and they fold over and snap together around just a tiny amount of hair. I think they're meant for little kids, but I got a pack full of little butterflies, dragonflies, and daisies in like navy, light-blue, and clear. I wore some yesterday, just scattered a few at random on my hair near the front, and they looked pretty cute. And because they hold just a tiny amount, I didn't have to worry about them slipping at all, even in my very short, very fine hair :-) . I think I like them.
End random, cutesy hair accessory message. *laughs*
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2003 at 3:08pm
They sound interesting. Where do you find them? And do you think an almost 50 could pull them off without looking totally silly?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2003 at 9:09am
I love them, especially around Halloween. The only down side is that they can be quite difficult and time-consuming to unsnap. (And on wavy/curly hair, they don't have a flat surface and sometimes get flipped over.)

As for a 50-something, that would be subject to personal taste. They /are/ bright pastel plastic, a la the old Goody baby barrettes. But there are more expensive versions with fake gems...
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 12:17am
Mine came from the Wal-mart. I've seen some other ones before that were bright, shiny pastels, but mine aren't like that. Mine are navy, light-blue, and clear, all translucent and with glitter in them. They're not quite as childish-looking as the usual ones. I think if you can find some more like that instead of the bright ones they wouldn't look too weird even on older women.
More awesome than a manatee!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2003 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

They sound interesting. Where do you find them? And do you think an almost 50 could pull them off without looking totally silly?

I got mine free with a magazine a couple of years ago. i think you can get them in shops like Claires Accessories or even in supermarkets. We don't have Walmart in the UK. Tesco has some good stuff here though.

Anyway. My mum is 52 (shh) and wears things like that, but then again her hair is deep pink. She is so cool.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 9:13am
Enfys, I believe you have ASDA, which is owned by Wal-Mart (or vice-versa) and carries the same stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic