Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I perm my fine, colored hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sleepy Kisser View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy Kisser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I perm my fine, colored hair?
    Posted: December 11 2003 at 2:29pm
I've been getting perms in my hair since I was a high school student (I'm 24 years old now), but back in April I got my blonde hair highlighted for the first time.

Well, my cowlicks are popping up, and that's always a sign to me that it's time for a new perm. I'm worried, though--is it dangerous to get a perm since I've had color on my hair within the past six months?

Is there any professional that can give me advice? By the way, I've only had Redken Vector perms on my hair, as they have always seemed to work the best.
Thanks in advance.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2003 at 10:42am
You have to be real, real careful but it is possible. Talk to your hairdresser and be sure not to perm and color too close together. Also, be sure to use a perm that is designed for color treated hair. I have had a number of perms that were disasters so if you are successful, good for you.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2003 at 9:55pm
I'm with Demo, her advise is good. It totally depends on your hair, everyone is different.

If you haven't gone without a perm in a long time, why not give it a go. Get into some of the new styling and thickening products specially designed for finr hair. Some of them are quite wonderful.
Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic