Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Was I born with this poor excuse for a wig!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Was I born with this poor excuse for a wig!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MyHairiscrying View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyHairiscrying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Was I born with this poor excuse for a wig!
    Posted: March 05 2004 at 8:41pm
Forever I have had to deal with crappy thin hair. I am 16 and have yet to experience a good trip to the hairdresser! While everyone else glorifies their brow with sensational do's for dances and school, I am stuck with this thin wig that has about fifty million broken strands attatched to it. I need some repair! Yet, the more product I use, the greasier my hair becomes. I can barely run my fingers through my locks for fear that I will look as if I have not washed my hair for days. It constantly becomes stringy, and falls dead when springtime arrives. I have a beautiful face, but nothing on top of my head to show for it. Are bangs a good solution? My hair becomes oily very easily, is there a way to prevent this? Help me please because I cry about this rag every morning as I style it (usually in some sort of bun, depending on how merciful my hair is that morning) before going to school. If you have any suggestions, I will mentally hug you. Lately I have been trying to grow it out, but for some reason it won't get past my freakin shoulders, even on the third month of not cutting it! ARGH!

Thanks!
Very sad
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2004 at 10:03am
To help with the damage, use a product with protein. In the past when my hair was damaged from a perm, a hairdresser suggested I use Redken PPT or Redken FatCat on my hair once a week and it seemed to help plus it added some body too.

As for the bangs, I don't think oily hair would do well with bangs because they might cause your forehead to break out.

Twanda
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 12:34pm
I can relate to everything you are saying. First of all, use a shampoo for oily hair or a clarifying shampoo and if you must use conditioner, use it only on the very ends of your hair. Also, I know at your age that you don't want to hear this but believe me, your hair will behave much better if you cut it shorter than shoulder length and all one length. Bangs are great depending on your face shape. I have had bangs for most of my life with thin, fine, straight, oily hair. They help a lot. Think bobs but the shorter and blunter you can go the more wonderful your hair will look. Go sparingly on products and use only those specifically formulated for fine hair (read on the bottles, they will say fine hair). Look at some of the stars with fine hair for ideas. Also, be careful in salons. Many hairdressers really don't understand this type of hair at all. Look for other people with fine hair styled in a way that you like and ask where they get their hair cut. Try color too. It can add a bit of body.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic