Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to GET thin hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Danji View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to GET thin hair?
    Posted: April 08 2004 at 4:13pm
I envy people with thin hair because I think it looks very nice to have thin and straight hair. Sometimes I wish I could wear the hair down the face like the japanese cut them...

I'm male 21 yrs old and I alway liked my hair long (because of my big head) I'm Brasilian and altough I'm white I have black herritage and therefore my hair is very very very thick, infact many hairdressers tell me they have never seen such thick hair and it takes hours to cut it because they can take only few hair at a time (because the scissors cant seem to cut trough!!!)

My hair used to reach my shoulders and about half a year ago I cut it short because of the military service... Now it has grown back a bit but it really looks awful.

I straightnend my hair now 3 times past the last 3 months but it keeps kicking back up as if I had glue in it. I go one time with my hand over it and it goes all spikey..

Is there something I can do to make it thin and straight? Even hormones, I'm ready to do anything. Can't bear them as they are, it was managable when they were long but straithening short hair is no fun!

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE WHAT TO DO.

I don't want to look like afro-king anymore. I noticed I go out less just because it's too stressful to handle my hair, can you believe it?
paishens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paishens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2004 at 10:28am
Try goign to a salon and have a texturizerr put in it or have them thin it out. The stylist will actually cut small bits of your hair at the scalp. My mixed niece HAS to have this done.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2004 at 1:02pm
I think there is also some sort of Japanese straightening treatment that you can get now that is supposed to work very well and lasts about six months. It is rather expensive, I think between 400 to 600 dollars but since you seem so very unhappy it might be worth it.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Danji View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2004 at 3:59pm
I heard about japanese straightening and permanent straightening. I was considering one of the 2 but as you say it's expensive (both around the same price class) and I don't know anyone that can attest, so I wasn't sure if that would help.

The last 3 months I spent roughly 300 bucks on those straithenings.

It was strange because the stylist once seemed very surprised it didn't quite do the job (and I had to argue because she demanded like 80 bucks for it and it didn't look that good). The other 2 times held for like 1 week and then my hair was like a sponge again.

Other thing is that I dunno if japanese straithening will do since my hair is only just reaching my neck now.

I was considering also to have a go at afro hair products but it's dangerous since some of those products could cause hair loss, I heard... and going for a "soft" product would be wasting money again, I supose. *sigh*
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2004 at 10:19am
Okay..you can't have a color ancestry. No one is "white," nor "black." Therefore, really, you can't have either.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how to help here.. I do hope, however, that you find the answers that you seek.
Danji View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2004 at 6:57pm
Does "homosapiens masculinus africanus" sound better to you than black male?

If you find skin color definition to be incorrect then what about asian? They're supposed to be yellow... and on every children book they are pictured yellow, altough I never saw yellow humans ever ^_^

btw I mentioned my herritage hoping someone that is actually from said culture and has the same kind of hair I do, can give me some advice how to tame it correctly..

When it was long it was easy to use conditioner and ponytail to keep it straight but since it's medium to short (and I really never had it short be4) I have no clue how to deal with it (other than wasting tons of glue, fixator and wax) I don't wanna cut it either...
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2004 at 10:36am
ok you can go to sallys beauty supply...its a tool that look like scissors, one side of it are scissors the other side is a comb. I believe its called a hair thinner I have seen people use it and it do work. U just run it thru your hair and it removes the thick portions but it do not make your hair shorter just a little thinner.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic