Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairstyles for men with fine hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DPK325 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPK325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyles for men with fine hair?
    Posted: April 24 2004 at 2:16pm
I am a male student who still has the freedom to wear my hair any way I want, but unfortunately I have had a hard time finding a hairstyle that works for me. I don't know whether I have thin or fine hair, but I can only describe it this way: after I shower, if I dont use gel my hair puffs up like a fuzzy dandelion. It is very VERY soft, which is nice, but the wind throws my hair all over and after awhile it will pretty much be lying flat on my head. I have been using gels and sprays since grade school to compensate for this.

Lately I've just been getting a very short cut, under an inch, and spiking it up with liberal amounts of gel. It's a simple solution and I don't mind the way it looks, but I just don't think it's "me".

I would prefer to have the more natural bedhead look that seems to be popular now. I have let my hair grow out to a couple inches and one thing I've found is that if I wash my hair at night and go the next morning without washing my hair, it will be feel thicker and have more body, simply from having the remnants of the gel in it from the day before. It also doesnt look as shiny. This way I can just re-wet it and run my fingers through it to mess it up, and it sort of looks like the bedhead effect. However, then I go all day with hair that hasnt been washed since the night before.

I am not sure what to do to attempt the bedhead look. Can it be done with hair under an inch long? Should I try something other than gel, like pomade? And is there a special cut I would have to get to make it look better?

Thanks in advance for your help.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2004 at 10:21am
If your hair puffs up I am not sure it is fine. The spikey hairstyle sounds kind of nice. The only thing I can recommend if you don't want that is to let it get a lot longer than two inches. Maybe four or five then have it cut and styled to lie the way you want. Go lightly on the products too. If you do have fine hair the less product used the better as it can get weighted down and look awful. THat may be the reason for the flatness.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
DPK325 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPK325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 11:18pm
Thanks for the advice; I guess it is hard to make any conclusions about my hair without a picture or seeing it in person. I will probably need to see a professional hairdresser in person who can tell me what's up with my hair before I make any major changes. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic