Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wtf is fine hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VyseThe Legend View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VyseThe Legend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wtf is fine hair?
    Posted: May 02 2004 at 3:10pm
I still dont understand what the hell fine hair is,can someone please post a picture or something?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2004 at 3:48pm
Think of Sharon Stone, Brittney Daniel, Heather Tom, the girl who plays Miranda on Sex and the City. Fine hair is kind of like corn silk. It won't hold a set, is usually flat and slick. If not damaged it is also shiny.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 2:38pm
I've never thought of Heather Tom as having fine hair.
Lisa
VBallChicka09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VBallChicka09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 7:46pm
Fine hair is very thin and it feels like silk. Something I really want. I hate thick hair! It gets all poofy! My best friend has fine hair, I WANT IT!!!!
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 8:22pm
Fine hair has to do with the diameter of each strand whereas thin hair has to do with the number of strands on your head.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 9:26pm
The opposite of fine is coarse. Think strands like heavy thread vs strands you can barely see.

The opposite of thin is thick. Think of the size of a tight ponytail.

So I have thickish fine hair (see my picture).

Wiriness and waviness are the characteristics that make your hair poofy, not thickness.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
posh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

... It won't hold a set, is usually flat and slick....

You got it bang-on about the not holding part!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:41am
If that is a picture of you on the left there your hair is beautiful and looks like it is holding curl well. Is that natural? If not, what is your secret?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 1:12am

"Google"

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
Melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 3:13am
Here is a pic of my hair ... It is fine ... www.geocities.com/xx_sweet_insanity_xx
...Don't follow me...I run into walls...
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 1:04am

I think my hair is kind of fine. It's not too thin and it's not thick. My hair is usually flat and slick, unless I brush it up then it holds a little. I want to have really fine hair that can't hold. But I also want hair to hold when I apply gel. Too bad.

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 3:15pm
My hair is fine but it is curly/wavy so it holds heat-derived curl very well and has LOTS of volume. I don't think all fine hair should be categorized as limp or flat and doesn't hold curl because obviously this is not the case with mine. Fine hair simply refers to the diameter of the strand like someone mentioned in an earlier post. I am sure those fine-haired folks with straight hair have this problem of not holding a set, but even course straight hair will not hold curl (depending on the head of hair) so holding curl is not really a true indicator of fine hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic