Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a perm or wash n curl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ben View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a perm or wash n curl
    Posted: May 19 2004 at 12:06am
I am a male with really fine hair. I have a full head of hair but it is very fine. I have considered a perm,yes I know that sounds weird, or perhaps an enhancer for volume. What can i do for more body?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 7:17am
I had a friend who used Wash-n-Curl once. . . as in, she used it one time. . . Apparently it made her hair stiff, which she didn't like, so she never used it again. But I guess that's how it keeps the curls in? Apparently you have to shampoo with that stuff, and then curl your hair with rollers or something, to get it to work.
More awesome than a manatee!
acdamay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acdamay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 5:50pm
A guy getting a perm is nothing weird. That's how I got my afro.

What people think shouldn't be an issue because it's your hair.

I have thin hair but I have tons of it on my head, and it forms curls pretty well.

I would suggest a perm, because you just have to style it and you are out the door. Curling it with an iron takes too long, especially once it grows.

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 1:02pm
If you do a perm remember that you have to keep perming to keep your curls looking their best. That flat grow out at the top of the head is a dead give away that you have a perm. Perming too often can really fry hair too. I don't really recommend perms in general for fine hair. A really good, really short cut and gel work for my son and he has fine hair.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
kelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 9:27am
Originally posted by ben ben wrote:

I am a male with really fine hair. I have a full head of hair but it is very fine. I have considered a perm,yes I know that sounds weird, or perhaps an enhancer for volume. What can i do for more body?
Dont have a perm they ruin ur hair i shud kno i had 1 trust. x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic