Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lanolin?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maija View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lanolin?!
    Posted: June 17 2004 at 5:06am
I'm trying to find out if lanolin is good for your hair or not.

I have used The Body Shop's products and I have been very pleased and happy. They changed their formula and added honey and lanolin to the conditioner for damaged and chemically treated hair. My hair loved the previous version of the product. I'm a vegetarian and I will eventually switch into other hair care products but I haven't found anything decent yet.

So, I will probably buy one bottle of BS conditioner before I find something to replace BS products - but is lanolin OK for long and fine hair? Should I already stop using BS products and buy almost anything else?

Google found different sites that told me that lanolin moisturises hair, lanolin doesn't do anything good and you should avoid lanolin even if you're not vegetarian. What am I supposed to believe?...

Sigh. :(
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 8:48am
If you haven't discovered the answer to your question, you might try posting to the long hair board; they will probably be able to help.

Twanda
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2004 at 5:27pm
Since lanolin is the main ingredient in hand and body lotion I wouldn't think it would be real good for fine hair. It probably would tend to make it greasy.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic