Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I really, really, hate my hair. You?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:27am

I have just started to appreciate my hair after all these years. (I'm 19)

When I was younger, I had straight hair that was thick, yet baby fine textured. I hated it so much. I wanted curly or even wavy hair really badly. I thought my hair was so boring. I would wear it in braids a lot so when I took it down, it would be wavy.

Then I hit puberty and my hair became very wavy , even thicker than it was, and a frizzy mess. I would straighten it and completely regretted ever wishing for curly hair.

Finally, I got sick of dealing with straightening my extremely thick hair so I had it chopped off. My hairstylist cut it in layers, and told me to put some gel in and blow dry with a diffuser to make it curlier.

I love it now. It's so much easier to deal with. I have come to love my waves and curls.

DANGER! I drive like you do.
Chase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 7:30am
I am really surprised at the amount of people who hate their hair. I absolutely love mine (mostly)

I decided long ago to quite fighting my hair, so started wearing it long and sleek, fine hair is truly in a class by itself. Mine has always been silky soft and shiny. People die for this look and it comes naturally.

I do have a couple of cowlicks that I have to deal with everyday, I simply rewet them and blow dry them where I want them. Works for me.

My only problem now is wanting a little body as I am getting older it is getting thinner, but I am looking into rollers.     

Edited by Chase
If God is for you who can be against you?
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 7:35pm
I also don't like my hair. I want to grow it out long, but it just won't work out. The longer it gets, the more it becomes thicker, wavy, and cury. It just wouldn't grow downward.

LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 6:01pm
[QUOTE=eashworth] Lately, I've become more frustrated with my hair.  It
is thick, but very fine and long.  I can't do much with it.  I have no idea
what style would work for my type of hair, so I don't style it.  I just wash it
and let it hang!  I'm bored with it and nothing seems to work.  It won't
even hold when I tried to clip it up like I see a lot of girls doing.  [/
QUOTE]

Jonathan Antin says that's the best kind of hair because you *can* do
stuff with it. But believe me, I feel your pain. My hair isn't quite thick per
se, but there is a lot of it even though my individual strands are very fine.

Has anyone ever tried Thicker Fuller Hair product? I've been using the
shampoo for a while now but ever since, I have been feeling like I've been
shedding more. There is a guy on my swim team with alopacia and it
scares me to death that I could ever lose it all... I try to be nice to it even
though I dye it red all over every few months because the color fades.

Someone tell me, if you're in the shower, and gather hair to one side like
a low side ponytail, hold it with one hand and slide your closed hand over
it, if some hairs come out? Just one or two a day. I don't brush as often
as I used to so I am hoping it is just the leftover hair that used to end up
in my brush. People supposedly lose up to 100 a day, and I've only
counted losing about seven or eight that end up in my hands when
styling.

Is this normal? I can totally freak myself out for no reason sometimes.
*sigh*. Fine hair AND a hypochondriac. Fantastic.
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 11:36am
i am grateful that i have hair period. at leaast if you have it you can do
SOMETHING with it.
i'm also grateful for hair extensions and hair color.
LittleLu038 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleLu038 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:23am

I hate my hair too, I have fine wavy crappy hair I HATE IT!!! Ughh it falls out and I can't do a thing with it, right now I am trying to grow it out. Its taking forever and continues to break and fall out :(..Anyone have suggestions please let me know.

LittleLu038

LittleLu
hairtoofine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtoofine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2005 at 10:34am

My hair is very fine and thin although i do have a lot of it.  i had it to the middle of my back but it looked stringy and wouldn't style for anything so i completely chopped it off.  Now it looks even worse.  i'm trying to grow it out but, of course, it's taking forever.  I've heard that taking certain vitamins helps hair grow faster.  Has anyone tried that?  Does it really work?  I look like a guy.  It's awful!! 

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 4:13am

Quote Someone tell me, if you're in the shower, and gather hair to one side like
a low side ponytail, hold it with one hand and slide your closed hand over
it, if some hairs come out? Just one or two a day. I don't brush as often
as I used to so I am hoping it is just the leftover hair that used to end up
in my brush. People supposedly lose up to 100 a day, and I've only
counted losing about seven or eight that end up in my hands when
styling.

Is this normal? I can totally freak myself out for no reason sometimes.
*sigh*. Fine hair AND a hypochondriac. Fantastic.

I don't know if you're still looking for an answer ... I see nobody replied ... I am pretty sure this is NORMAL! It happens to me too and it sure seems like a whole lot more than seven or eight! I'm the same as you -- fine hair and hypo! Ha, ha! At least you're not alone! 

cheryleperyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheryleperyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 3:37pm

i was really unhappy with my hair until i was told by another member in one of the forums to try REGENERATOR and believe me  i would try anything as i had a wedding coming up and i was really depressed so i give it a go and wow now my hair is so managable and i can finally smile again i have not seen this product in the shops but you can purchase it from

http://www.fitter-hair-products.co.uk

hair-so-fine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair-so-fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 6:52pm

My hair aggravates me so much, sometimes I just want to rip it out!! It's incredibly fine, and is really easily messed up. It gets tangled when the wind blows it, and when I try to style it using a blow dryer only half of the hair stays on the brush and the rest goes flying in all directions, which of course makes me mad!! My hair has always been difficult to style, but the one thing that will work for me is styling from wet-to-dry. I don't even use styling products because they weigh my hair down so that it is limp and even harder to style than before. Then again, I get aggravated at it because most of it gets dry before I have the chance to style it, so then I have to get it wet again!

I appreciate it every now and then, though...sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like "Wow, my hair looks really good!", but of course, the next time I wash and style it I'll be cursing it because it wants to do its own thing! It's a vicious love-hate cycle...

Edited by hair-so-fine
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 2:49am
I also detest my fine hair it breaks &  becomes dry for no reason I treat it like gold & it re-pays me by being terrible, I have a cowlick on my rightside in the front that causes a long fringe to go haywire.

Colouring is a nightmare my re-growth never goes light enough unless I use a little bleach even as I am a natural level 6 & if colour overlaps the hair breaks.

My hair is sort of ok on the 2nd day after a wash but on the day of washing it's a miserable frizz ball.

On the upside in Summer it grows like crazy.

End Rant
ALLTAURUS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALLTAURUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 4:32pm

OMG I have the worse fine hair I have ever seen.  Its so straight and fine and sparse.  I have so much breakage that their are little hairs sticking out all over the place.  It has never been longer than my shoulders.  Right now their are a few hairs that are almost to my shoulders. 

I don't color it, perm it, or style it.  I try to be as gentle as possible, eat well and take my vitamins, but noooooooo its still as ugly as ever.

Did I mention to top it off I have a big swirly cowlick on top of my head in the back, it makes it look like I have a big bald spot AND instead of growing outward in the back the shafts point down what little hair I have their lays flat to my head.  Sooooo pretty.

Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:02am
ALLTAURUS I have the same cowlick at the back of my head that also makes me look like I have a bald spot as it swirls all the wrong way   
Puddytat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddytat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 4:22am
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I have to respond first to Lorryann.  I feel your pain honey.  I too just cut most of my already short hair off into what was supposed to be a short, sexy, spikey cut.  It was all that when I left the salon but what a mess the next day!  I went back three times and even went to a new stylist and after a month and a new cut I like it a little better.  I got a lot of wonderful advise from the short hair board folks but I think I may have to grow this mess back out.  I hate being dependent on so many products and my hair feels like straw.  And windy, humid days (of which there are a lot where I live) send me into a panic.  I hate the thought of the blunt bob but it sure was easy.

Now Goddess, you surely do have a marvelous attitude.  I was thinking of growing out all my color too.  It is so expensive and time consuming to maintain.  And with hair this short why not?  My husband has never done a darn thing to his hair and he looks great.  Why not me?  I don't know that I'll have the courage though.  I am always searching for the perfect style--easy to maintain and fabulous looking.  I think most of us with fine hair, especially if it is very thin, were taught early on that our hair was lacking somehow.  I remember mine being referred to in hushed tones by various relatives as "pitiful."  So no matter what has happened in the 45 years since, I still feel like I have pitiful hair.  I think you are right though.  Most of us probably look much better than we think we do.  If you spend this much time worrying about your hair you are probably caring for it pretty well.

Welcome to the boards.  We are happy to have you here.  This is a really wonderful community.

Sandra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic