Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perm Cause hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CornrowLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornrowLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm Cause hair loss
    Posted: September 27 2004 at 10:59pm
I am 15 i got a perm about 6 months ago while i had it i cut it from about 6 inch to about 1 inch and spiked it now my hair is 6 inchs again i always had curley hair but not the type that perms give you alot looser more fine type. Well i was thinking about getting a perm again, my mom says perms are bad for your hair and make you go bald is this true? Yes i loose the amount normal people lose hair atleat 10 to 26 a day around there if i play with it, so i dont stress?

Will a perm damage my hair and make me go bald or am i OK
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2004 at 10:12pm
So what you have now is all virgin new growth?

Then you should be fine. Just use a formula for fine or colored hair (they are milder) and be very careful with the timing.

and yes, perms are bad for your hair. Bad. But if they are done correctly and far apart in time, they can produce good results.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic