Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fine Long Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fine Long Hair
    Posted: November 12 2004 at 8:36am
Does anybody know of someone with baby-fine hair that is long and actually looks good?

My hair is shoulder length right now, but I really want to grow it longer. It is not thin, but on the thinner side of normal for thickness. It is also straight.

Any pictures of fine long hair? Thanks!
Lisa
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 11:53am
I''ve got a German friend who has fine long hair... it''s 46 inches long and GORGEOUS. AND she looks like a fairy tale princess. No pics though...

Anais
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 2:39pm
Wow! How did she ever get it that long? How does she take care of it?
Lisa
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 8:16pm
Me.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 8:17pm
I believe AnneMarie's secrets are:
(1) wearing hair contained in updos, braids, etc.. most of the time
(2) not using a blow dryer/fryer
(3) no chemicals e.g. artificial color or perms

Best of luck and happy growing! :)
Anais

ETA: eKatherine! of course! ::smacks forehead::
my LJ, 40 inches long
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 8:40am
ekatharine. Your hair is beautiful! It must be thick as well as fine?
Lisa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 6:49pm
My hair is medium-thick. My ponytail is about 3" around.

UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2004 at 7:32am
I think I could only make 2 3/4" even with my bangs in there.
Lisa
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 9:01am
Dear Lisa,

Some bad news: if there is one rule it is that really fine hair does not look great when long. The weight will remove all volume at the roots, making it look like you have even less hair. When the hair is draped on the scalp, it get oily very quickly, making it look even less appetising.

Look for a good hairdresser that can advise you and always remember: he's human too. He'll never be able to give you a Fawcett-look and whatever magic he pulls out of his hat, ask for a style you can easily recreate. Prepare to hear not a cheerful message. And leave the salon to think about the options he put forward. Even take a second consult elsewhere, keeping in mind the human factor and the possibilty to reproduce it.

On the bright side: colouring your hair makes it a tiny bit thicker! It opens the 'pores' to put the colour in and never is able to reclose them completely. It makes your hair a bit more fragile, but if you left the "long hair" idea, you won't notice.

Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 3:45pm
I disagree... UP Lisa, go take a gander at Flaming Bunny's photos and you'll see that fine hair can look beautiful if worn long. Don't let lack of volume discourage you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by HD_EU HD_EU wrote:

Dear Lisa,

Some bad news: if there is one rule it is that really fine hair does not look great when long.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 9:49pm
i dont think my hair will look nice when it is long.
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 4:16am
Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

With medium thick hair it is easy to say "hahahaha" .... ever seen/treated really fine long hair? And not just when they leave a salon ... but the day(s) after too. It is the choice of the client to go for long or another length, no matter what the advice was. And as it is wrong to "always suggest short/bob/...." like some do, it is equally wrong to always promote long hair, no matter what. Not every face is the same, not everybody makes the best of their features by having long hair. The hairstyle is a personal thing, not 'one fits all'. So ask yourself if you are giving neutral advice or just want to promote long hair, no matter how a person wil look like with it and how difficult it will be to style.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 11:06am
Have I ever seen or treated fine hair? I guess you're trying to say that I haven't. So why don't you go ahead and tell me about my hair, which you seem to feel you know more about than I do.

KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 11:58am

With medium thick hair it is easy to say "hahahaha" .... ever seen/treated really fine long hair? And not just when they leave a salon ... but the day(s) after too. It is the choice of the client to go for long or another length, no matter what the advice was. And as it is wrong to "always suggest short/bob/...." like some do, it is equally wrong to always promote long hair, no matter what. Not every face is the same, not everybody makes the best of their features by having long hair. The hairstyle is a personal thing, not 'one fits all'. So ask yourself if you are giving neutral advice or just want to promote long hair, no matter how a person wil look like with it and how difficult it will be to style.

Awesome, and well said! I have very fine hair, although a lot of it, but it just doesn't look good long! Especially because I have a long face and long hair does absolutely nothing for my features. I've been struggling for years to accept that on me, shorter is better. Now that I have, my life is much, much easier.

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:20am
I have to agree. Unless you have curly fine hair or thick fine hair (and a three inch ponytail is pretty thick--mine wouldn't even be an inch) then long hair just looks greasy and stringy. Mine has never been much past my shoulders because it just looked bad when it got longer than that. My daughter has very fine hair too but hers is a bit thicker and she can wear it to maybe mid back before it looks bad. The thinness is what causes problems. It just sticks to your head and is pretty unattractive. And layers aren't really a fine hair option. It is better to keep it a bit shorter but to each his own. I do have friends who have very long, very thin hair. I do not think it looks good at all.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 5:09pm
I have long fine hair and get mixed remarks on it. Well, no, that's not true, 99% of the feedback i get is wonderful, i've only had one girl ever tell me she didn't like my hair because it was fine.

I think the products you use and how often you change them (as well as how you style your hair) make a huge difference.

Never say never :-)
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 8:46am
I agree that if hair is too thin it doesn't look good probably past shoulder length. I am hoping that at as much as 3" if my bangs were in there, that mine won't look too bad. My hair is pretty thick in the back. It's the sides that are thin. If it does look bad, I will cut it shorter. As a teenager I had it at BSL. Looking back at old pictures, I don't think it looked bad. Back then I didn't have bangs, and I think I look better with them.
Lisa
cyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 10:07am
I have really fine thin hair and it is halfway down my back. In my opinion, it looks better than it did short. I had short hair all my life because it was thin and i thought that was my only choice. My husband wanted me to grow it out and now i love it. I would not ever cut it short again. I have had a lot of complements on my hair. So i beleive long, thin hair can be pretty as long as it is healthy.
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 6:35pm

Dear Lisa,

Some bad news: if there is one rule it is that really fine hair does not look great when long.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Have I ever seen or treated fine hair? I guess you're trying to say that I haven't. So why don't you go ahead and tell me about my hair, which you seem to feel you know more about than I do.

ahahHAHAhAHAHHAHAHAHAhAHahahAhaHA

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic