Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair spray?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair spray?
    Posted: November 16 2004 at 10:46pm
Since my short hair is fine (but I have a lot of it!), I usually wear some hair spray to keep it "managed" and not fly-away. Is there a GOOD hair spray for fine hair that won't build up "krud" on it or dry it out so it doesn't break? Is there an alternative to hair spray. I'm a "mature" woman so, please, no "stiff" stuff! LOL
Ronda22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2004 at 11:33am
I have found, belive it or not, Pantene Maximum Hold works the best on my hair. I have tried EVERY product, from salon brands, matrix amplify, paul mitchell, biolage, redken , you name it, i've tried it. but the best thing that works for me is Pantene Maximum hold. at first it will feel sticky, until it dries, but after that, the hold is ALL day, but you can still get your fingers through it. try it, you';ll be happy you did.
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2004 at 4:37pm
Baker, I have a question for you: I know I have fine hair but I yet to figure out how to decide if it's thick or medium. I'm pretty sure it's not thin... but I can't tell if I "have a lot of it." :)

Oh and I always Herbal Essance hair spray. Seems to work good for me! Suave is good also. Neither of them are stiff. (I usually run my hands thru my hair a few minutes after spraying also)
baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2004 at 7:22pm
portrgirl--I had a friend that had fine hair, but it was very thin, so I compared my hair to hers. I had a lot more hair than she did (thank God for small favors!). You could almost see her scalp her hair was so thin, but mine is not even close to that. Anyway, one day when I was at my salon, I asked my girl what "thickness" my hair was and she told me it wasn't thin--I had a lot of hair for fine hair. It holds a style nicely and isn't too limp if I have a good cut. I haven't permed in 20 years and don't intend to. Also, I do the same thing after I use hair spray--just run my fingers through so it doesn't look "sprayed". I've used Pantene spray for years, but I read on this forum somewhere that Pantene is the worst because it caused build-up on the hair. That was the reason for my asking. :)
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2004 at 9:00am
You can tell the thickness of your hair by putting it all into a ponytail and measuring around the base of the tail. Under 2" is thin, 2"-4" is medium, and 4" or more is thick. If you can't get all of your hair into the ponytail, then estimate how much more the rest of it would add.
Lisa
baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2004 at 2:13pm
That's a good way to tell! Never knew that. Unfortunately, I can't measure mine that way--my hair is short. LOL
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 3:22pm
UP Lisa: Should I make the band very tight or how I usually do it (tight enough to hold the hair and not slide out but not so tight that I'm struggling to get the band around again)?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 1:30pm
lol..i know my hair is thin cos i use the smallest hair clip to hold all my hair. embarassing :(
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:15am
I use Kenra 25 hairspray. I need a real strong hold for my very short hair and it is perfect for me.
Kimmie6604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmie6604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:34am
Kenra is awsome but expensive....I usually use Suave Max hold and it works great too......
HABEEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HABEEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 8:09am
http://www.buyhair.co.uk/tigi-bed-head-superstar-volumising-hairspray-200ml-p-3526.html i love this stuff gives my hair real shine and volume :) xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic