Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help? I need volume!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help? I need volume!
    Posted: December 20 2004 at 4:46pm

I think Im going mad from all the wonderful looking products and so little time to try them!

Im going on tour soon and i'll be on the road for a month, and of course, I want nice hair. Particularly hair with volume because my hair is fine and prone to breakage.
I've been thinking of trying Redkens all soft because it sounds heavenly, but I've heard people saying you can't use it frequently??

Are there any shampoos and conditioners that can create volume and I can use daily?

LISA10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LISA10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 1:31pm
Try a line of products called "Big Sexy Hair" I bought the shampoo, conditioner, and hairspray in a salon last week. They are in red bottles. A bit pricey but they are working great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 3:26pm
Thanks! I've used the root pump before and loved it, but I wasn't sure about their shampoo/conditioner.
vijay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 10:40pm
hai sister i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

use almond oil for better result

For Density:-
1.Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2.Take White yoke from Egg.Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

3.Curd is a moisturieser. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Dandruff:-

1.Squeeze lemon and take lemon juice. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur
hair.

2.Take White Vinegar 50ml. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Lice:-
1.Spread Tulsi leaves on ur pillow before go to bed.keep head on Tulsi
leaves.

For YoungGreyHair:-

1. Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2. Eat iron content food or syrup.

To do this:-
1.Apply Natural Henna by paste format.leave 30min before wash ur hair.

2.Fold ur hair end with hair band. Dont use pins and clips for folding.

3.Eat atleast one egg or protein content food daily.

Dont do this:-

1.Dont dry ur hair by hair dryer oftenly.

2.Dont Brush ur hair with moisture.

3.Dont cut ur hair oftenly or improperly.

Because Straight cut makes Density, V cut makes long, Oval makes normal level

General Advice:-

Maintain long hair. Because the body will take protein from hair at the time of
Sick or illness. because the hair contains protein in the form of karotine.this
is the reason for mothers hair falling after birth of child. So plz maintain atleast
Hair length between Shoulder length to Waist length(50-60cm

mpvijay@indiainfo.com
MP VIJAYKHANNA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 5:17pm
Well, Ive ended up trying 2 products so far, just incase anybody was interested. I tried Redken Headstrong which is supposed to be to give volume to thin hair, and um.. it didn't work at all. Infact, it made my hair greasy immediately after washing (and i dont usually have a problem with that).

I then tried Redken's All Soft, which really didn't sound like it was for me because my hair is not really damaged and naturally soft. But, I LOVED IT!

I'm now a definate All soft fan, it gave my hair body, and made it velvety soft (a different kind of softness than i naturally have but still very nice).

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 10:58pm
I have the same problem as you. I'm glad you found something that works for you!! If you ever want to try something new...definetly go for the Big Sexy Hair as suggested above. I use it and absolutely love it. It has made a world of difference in my hair!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 7:06am
what works for me is blowdrying my hair upside down, hanging my head over the end of the bed, tthen if you get some 'volumising' hairspray, spray it onto your fingers and rub the roots in small circular motions it should stay big......
maybe not so good for you as your hair is so long, but worth a try...
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 4:17pm
I would say the same thing - blow-drying your hair upside down. I use gel and mousse on my roots while I blow dry wet hair and when it's dry I spray Aussie's Sprunch Spray (the best holding hair spray ever!!) and while still having my headupside down I blow dry it hot, the spray some more, then blow dry it cold to set.
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
Ashley Davis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:02pm
Oh my gosh,
Redkens allsoft is wonderful! I would never use anything else, everything else seems to dry my hair out, i too have fine hair! Ihave always had a problem with the volume thing, to solve it I just decided to layer my hair, and blowdry with my head upside down.... i do use a lil product at the roots! Dont mess up your gorgeous hair trying to get volume, i feel your pain! :) good luck
LozzyPops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LozzyPops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 4:34pm
Hi, ive seen that Big Hair in the shops but been abit hesitant whether to buy it or not, because i am finding some professional products are VERY sticky. I have tried Redken Full Blast and it gave me MEGA volume but i could hardly brush my hair, it made it like rock! lol. Is the Big Hair Mouse sticky?
cyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:44am
 I have extremeley fine, thin hair. I have tried perms (that was a mistake) volumizers, just about anything i can think of. The only thing that i have found that somewhat work is Pantene Full and Thick. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 3:23pm
Without a doubt, best volumizer is Bumble and Bumble Thickening shampoo (I use a good moisturizing conditioner then, like Biolage Hydrating Balm) and then use the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray on damp hair before you dry. Only downside to this is the spray only works if you blowdry, not natural dry. For natural drying I like the NEXXUS Leave-In-Conditoner that is called Thickening Treatment or something along that lines, I cannot remember exact name. Gives fine hair shine and protection from heat products, plus strength.
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 8:48pm

You don't have to blow dry your hair upside down.  Just dry it naturally with the roots going up.  Right after you wash your hair, spray it with spray gel.  Pull it straight back, no part even if you normally wear one.  Fasten it in a ponytail on top of your head, so you can sleep on it.  This gives lots of lift and is very simple and easy on your hair.

Fran

fawnsweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fawnsweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 4:17pm

ok! i wanna know if there is a product: a shampoo, a conditioner, a gel, a shine sprtizzer whatever  that increases shine AND volume.

Any input will be helpful. I have got long, dark fine hair. It needs lusture and volume. OR should i just get a hair piece ?

This too shall pass!!!
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:13pm
I use Graham Webb's Thick Infusion Thickening Conditioner.  It's quite good.

Fran

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 4:45pm

I have been using Jonathan Product.  Love it!  The volume shampoo and very occasionally conditioner and then there is a mousse type thing that really gives great volume.  You can get at Sephora.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 10:25pm
I have been using Charles Worthington's Big Hair volumizing shampoo and conditioner. I saw it at Walgreen's and decided to give it a try. I absolutely LOVE it!!! Anyone else ever used it?
Rabbithead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 1:41pm

Is there any way to get volume without using any styling products? I tried using hairspray and moose at my roots, but they are too sticky. I have very oily scalp and styling products just make it worse. I tried using shampoo for oily hair but that makes my hair too dry. I get split ends easily. I need something that will maintain moisture in my hair, give it more volume, but also keep my scalp oil free????

LUCYROBINSON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCYROBINSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 3:40pm

TRY A PRODUCT CALLED REGENERATOR ITS A TREATMENT YOU APPLY EVERY 3 DAYS AND BELIEVE ME I GIVES YOU VOLUME SHINE ELASTICITY ROOT UPLIFT THIS REALLY IS A GREAT PRODUCT AND IT IS ALLL NATURAL INGREDIENTS

CONTACT

MD@FITTERHAIRPRODUCTS.CO.UK

OR

TRY WWW.FITTER-HAIR-PRODUCTS.CO.UK

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AS IT HAS ME

lucy
cheryleperyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheryleperyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 2:02pm

Hi i am very depressed when i see my hair i have tried many diffrent products i would love to see more uplift as my hair is very flat and dull i would love for more shine too i have a wedding coming up and i am not looking forward to it due to my hair i will be trying your site you suggested lucy and i hope this works for me i will report back and let you all no how i get on

fingers crossed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic