Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fine Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fine Hair
    Posted: January 26 2005 at 4:41pm
I have straight fine hair and I have always had kinda long hair. I am wanting something about shoulder length or just above the shoulder. I am kinda nervous!!!!!!! I am thinking of a flip or layers but i am just not sure........I need some help.....My hair never holds a curl either. I need some suggestions. It is kinda thick too....I need something easy to fix because i work.....If someone has Pics they can show it would be great!!!!!!
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 2:26am
Noonie what do you mean by :
Originally posted by noonie noonie wrote:

I have straight fine hair ........ It is kinda thick too....

It is very well possible to have thick hair (generally persists curling), but not much implanted. Or to have fine hair, but an awful lot of it. Makes quite a difference in hairstyles that would suit you.
noonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 10:25am
I have alot of fine hair......Does that help any?
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 6:40am
Noonie, finding a picture is more difficult than to tell you what generally could work.

The length of the style depends mostly on how you look like (face, neck, body, length, ...). Some can choose any length, others would definetely look better with a certain length.

Generally with fine hair (but plenty of it) a style based on pretty much an even length all over gives a low maintenance hairstyle. It suggests a movement too (although it has none). Soft layering is an option too, but if you let the points flick you're in for more daily maintenance work. Too much layers would only emphasise the finesse of your hair.

Something to take into consideration too: fine hair splits easier than thick hair, so the length just on the shoulders could damage the ends. Better shorter or longer.

Should you opt for shorter (bob length) make sure your faceshape can take it. A definite no-no for oblong face e.g. Dito for real short hair - so to advise you beyond the above we need more.

Feel free to BMail me should you prefer.
noonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 8:38am
My face is actually oval......i have a picture of the hairstyle i want and i am really excited about getting it cut but am a little apprehensive also......It is a bob with a razor cut on the ends so it flips.
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 3:34am
Noonie,

I wrote it before:" Soft layering is an option too, but if you let the points flick you're in for more daily maintenance work." Certainly keep this extra work in mind as your hair tends to loose curls easily (other styling too I suspect). It means you won't be able to get up and go out. Calculate a 10 minute minimum styling per day.

If you have an oval face, check to see if the proportions are OK too (1/3 forehead, 1/3 nose, 1/3 chin, same 1/3 for each cheek). Any improportion will be emphasised by the bob (eg longer nose). Although the style is very popular in Europe, it takes a certain face to carry it off with great magnitude. Others just don't make the most of their features with it.

The razor cut is nice, but choose a stylist who is very experienced with it (and prepare to pay for it). You may get chopped otherwise, especially with fine hair ... it is not the easiest way of cutting hair.

Best of luck with the haircut and keep us posted how it went.
noonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 12:56pm
Well, I went today to get my hair cut and I absolutely love it. It is shoulder length and a bob. Thanks for all the help..........
cyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:55am

I have thin hair and it is halfway down my back. I had short hair all of my life. Let me give you some advice from experience. When you go to get the haircut, dont expect your hair to look just like the picture. With thin hair, they never turn out the same or look as nice. Let the stylist give you some advice and she will help you get something that will work for your hairtype. I tried the "i want it like this" before and came out looking worse then when i went in. In my opinion, dont cut your hair. Get some body cut into it or some long layers. I know what you are dealing with. Good luck.

cyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:57am
I am glad everything worked out for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic