Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vitamins/Supplements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamins/Supplements
    Posted: May 15 2003 at 6:37pm
I do a multiple with minerals, a B complex, a C E with Bata Carotene. At lunch or right after breakfast....And I forget too but I bet I do 5 days a week faithfully.

It's easy to forget, but I've found that I have to have food in my stomach and I can't take them too close to bedtime...because they (mostly the B,.. I think)

Then.....at bed time I do a shot of Calcium and a Glucosamine with MSM & chondroitin.

And I swear I ache less, if I stick to this regimen.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 11:06am
I keep a small bottle of vitamins in my backpack, so I have it with me. But, I'm not really good about taking vitamins either. One week, I actually took one every day, but I started thinking. These vitamins all contain 100% of the daily value of certain vitamins (ie A,C,D,E..etc), then what happens when I eat food? These pills should supplement, but not provide all, vitamins. Plus, some vitamins (non-water soluble ones) can cause problems when they reach high levels in the body.

It might just be better that I don't take a vitamin every day.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 4:31am
I don't know why I have so much trouble remembering to take my vitamin. It's such a simple way to get the nutrients I'm missing, yet I always seem to forget. I do try to get as many nutrients as possible through food--I hear that is the preferred method. But as a back-up, I take One-A-Day for Women with Beta Carotene.

What, if any, vitamins and supplements do you add to your daily regimen?

Do any of you fitness/nutrition experts recommend additional doses of Vitamin C or any other vitamins for the average person? I have an excellent immune system (or so it seems), but I often wonder if it would be worthwhile to take supplements to try to prevent diseases like cancer, which runs in my family (I will soon be "pushing 40"). Is that worthwhile or just a waste of money?

I look forward to getting your insight!

Elissa

(I love that little jumpy guy!!!)
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic