Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Share Some Fave Recipees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Share Some Fave Recipees
    Posted: May 16 2003 at 6:20pm
I would love more Ideas for meals, Low Carb, High Protein. Especially Breakfast! that seems to be a tough one for me.

Any great low cal recipees would be great though.

Cheers,
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 6:26pm
I'll start...this is a quick easy to carry, usually breakfast...for me.

Yogert (I like plain, not low fat)
granola
and chopped almonds.

Stir them all together, to your tastes, and eat.
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 8:02pm
* How's this for lunch or dinner.
A piece of lean meat or fish. Fresh green beans with almonds. A fruit dish for desert. Skim milk and spring water to drink. Maybe a cup of green tea after dinner.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 7:38am
Perfect! I would eat it.

I'm always eating on the fly. Especially at work. I don't book a lunch, and I don't eat breakfast before I leave the house. I try to alway's have things at work to eat through out the day...Cottage cheese, oatmeal (we have a microwave), nuts, cheese, fruit & protein drinks....

I always take a lunch, usually leftovers from the night before...meat veggies(stirfry), soup, wg pasta or brown rice with yogert, ect.

What works well for a breakfast with more protein than carbs??

...Maybe I just have to resort to more boiled eggs..??? (we have lots of eggs, My hubby has chickens)

I'm hearing better news on the Egg thing being good for you, as opposed to bad for cholesterol...?? Anyone up on that?
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 12:26pm
*Hi Sophie.

Meat has protein. Food like yogurt has protein.
One breakfast I love is sometimes just fruit and yogurt. * I think my favorite breakfast though is pancakes and sausage with skim milk and orange juice or some type of fruit juice.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 12:56pm
Hey Sophie

I tend to have a v.high protein diet.
The following is typical.

BREAKFAST:

3 chicken thighs, shredded and marinated in BBQ sauce overnight (skin on)
2 large organic free-range eggs
Coarsely ground black pepper to taste

Cook the shredded chicken on a very hot iron skillet till crisp (about 5 minutes).
The skin will give off sufficient fat for frying.
Beat and add the 2 eggs and cook as you would an omlette. Add black pepper during the cooking process.

LUNCH:
Large can of water-packed tuna with a half tablespoon of real mayonaisse mixed into it.

DINNER:
Start with freshly squeezed fruit juices (usually drunk while making the main meal)
6oz Aberdeen Angus rump steak and big green salad.

Thats approximately 100 grams of protein, 30 grams of fat and 20 grams of carbohydrates.

BTW, there are 25 grams in an ounce (oz).
I also drink 2 litres of water a day.
If I have excercised a lot or am in one of my over-creative moods then I munch on a variety of nuts (pistachios, almonds, brazils, fresh walnuts and cob-nuts).
Once a week, I buy the best chocs I can afford and savour them slowly.

Uzma
Uzi

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 8:59pm
Thank's Kathyann...I love meat and yogert! Oh Yeah!

Wow very interesting Uz...I've never considered chicken in an omlette...I'll try it though.

Here's one I fixed for the first time, tonight for dinner... And mann it was quick and easy.

Wok pan or fry pan

One big onion....Vadalias nice this time of year...
a little olive oil in pan med heat
until onions are slightly translucent...

1/4 cup tomato paste
in pan mush around with onions...

2 tsp. curry
1 tsp. ginger

4 tomatos quartered toss in pan, cook abit

1 1/2 cup water stir simmer just a bit.

and just before time to eat throw in some shrimp or scallops....

serve over brown rice with yogert.

YUMMY! It was sooo good.

I saw this recipee on Martha, the other day...I added Garlic also, because I think we add garlic to practically everything.

Cheers

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 4:44am
I commute for over three hours per day to work, so I hardly cook at all during the week. Then on weekends, who wants to cook? This presents dieting challenges for me.

One of the ways I've overcome this: McCormick seasoning packets. I know some people don't like the whole dehydrated seasonings/preservatives idea, but it works for me and is still a better option than fast food or ordering in.

I love the Chicken Terryaki, Italian Chicken and Jamaican Jerk Chicken packets. And I LOVE their vinagrette pasta salad packet. For most of these, you just add white vinegar and any type of oil, and water. You can decrease the oil and increase the vinegar/water as you desire. These dishes are so easy to make, the recipes are on the back of the packets and beyond simple.

Sometimes I actually do cook from scratch, but only when the moon is blue. If I ever realize my dream of having a family, I will cook more naturally for them.

Elissa
Short on time but long on heart!
[/url]

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 8:11pm
Wow, Elissa. that is a long comute, I thought my 1 hour a day was long...

I used to really dislike cooking and felt much the same way...in my young and single days. Back then it was steak and salad....A LOT! LOL.

My Hub is a great cook and pretty much taught me most of what I know...and don't think that always went smoothly.

The BIG key for me is being stocked on everything I want...spices, basics, a variety of veggies, ect.
I have a stocked pantry and freezer, its all there, whenever I need it so I don't have to constantly grocery shoppe.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2003 at 3:15pm
TONITE....

Steak on the Webber...sirloin, marinated.
Asparagas....fresh from the neighbors
and, Morel Mushrooms, the whites, fresh from the woods..(my husband is quite the mushroom hunter....lol)

And right now a little Scotch (single malt) and water...on the rocks...while I post to all of You, my friends in Style!
Just hangin out, after a fine weeks work!

Ain't Life Grand!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic