Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

feeling like you've undone all your work...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: feeling like you've undone all your work...
    Posted: July 10 2003 at 10:50pm
ugh i just ate a very large piece of german chocolate pie..do you know how ridiculoulsy fattening that stuff is???? I feel like i've undone weeks of dieting and working out. I know Elissa and I have talked about this before...but i feel like i've failed. how do you guys get past this point?
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 6:34am
Be positive. The worst thing you can do is think that you've undone weeks of dieting and working out and you tell yourself ‘well, I might as well go and eat everything in the fridge!’
Try to eat less in your coming meal or go for a walk and enjoy the memory of that piece of cake or pie
Orc
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 7:31am
Whitney! I know how you feel, believe me.

But remember this, one piece of chocolate (however large it is) did not make us overweight in the first place. It's impossible to be impacted by one piece of chocolate (or even one binge!) From a practical standpoint, it will have no effect.

The greater effect is, as we know, psychological. I have to tell you that one of the things that made it different for me this time is that I went EASY on me. Don't beat yourself up and sit around pondering what you ate. Let it go. I actually make believe it never happened. I fight the obsessive thoughts by cutting them off and saying: "it never happened! It never happened" every time the thoughts invade.

Just forget it. It never happened. Move on. You don't have to wait 'till Monday to start again, either. You started already. Forget it.

Keep moving forward, lady. You are doing just fine.

Elissa
xoxoxoxoxo
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 2:47pm
whew...lol i feel lots better today. i just go on these binges where it's like i HAVE to eat junk food or i'll go nuts...and of course afterwards i feel pretty gross for doing it. mostly i feel weak for not being able to stick to my diet---it's not like i don't allow myself treats during the day. maybe i'm a sguar addict, who knows!

regardless, i feel lots better. Thanks elissa for the great advice---i just tried really hard to forget about it---and i have! doesn't bother me a bit. i think some sleep helped take it off my mind. Whew!

Thanks everyone--just needed to vent
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 12:05am
i just got back from a week-long, pig out vacation fest.

Talk about guilt.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 1:04am
me too, stinka
crazzzycait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzzycait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 1:28am
Me three..but BOY did I enjoy it!
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 11:57pm
I enjoyed it, but afterwards, I felt TREMENDOUS guilt. I even took a laxative. I have to get back on the eating right bandwagon.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 12:56am
i felt horrible when i came back from my vacation...i force myself to at least walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day...which really stinks because some days i just don't WANT to...but i feel like i'll fail if i don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic