Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winsor Pilates?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda Leigh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winsor Pilates?
    Posted: July 23 2003 at 11:28am
Has anyone here had any experience with this product? I do not need to lose weight at all.. I'm only 5'3 and 115 lbs, so that is not an issue... but I do want to kind of tone up my body and lose some of the 'flabby areas' left over from losing weight...
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 12:23pm
i have the winsor pilates tape...but i prefer another pilates tape i bought from Target...it came with a body ring to use as resistance and i find that i get a much better workout with that than i do with winsor pilates. the tape i bought was "Pilates bodyring workout" with ana caban. It's pretty much the same workout on both, i just feel like with the bodyring i have more resistance and it's easier for me to perform controlled movements. The Winsor Pilates tape does show each exercise with modifications for people with back problems, though. Hope I helped!
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 12:39pm
I haven't used the Windsor Pilates videos, but I have been taking Pilates mat classes for almost a year. As great as videos are (and cheaper), I would recommend going to a few mat classes. It's really good to get feedback from a trained instructor, and it would probably help you in doing the moves, too. Sometimes videos don't show every angle. Also, make sure you watch the whole video once through before you follow it.

If you are even more interested in Pilates, I'd recommend looking at Brooke Siler's "The Pilates Body" which is an awesome book, she goes through the basic sequence, and includes a beginner set and some intermediate moves. She just came out with a "Pilates Body Kit" with CDs and flash cards that looks really promising. Another book is "Portable Pilates" by Alycea Ungaro. It's a book with descriptions of moves, with a grading sheet, and a CD of her mat class in New York.
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 1:45am
i take back what i said about winsor pilates.....the 20 minutes session is good for everyday use but i was most impressed with the advanced sculpting! I had tried the 20 minute video before and wasn't thoroughly impressed, but the advanced sculpting is GREAT...VERY challenging!
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
kaylajean444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylajean444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 1:29am
ahh i love pilates!! that is the best workout EVER!! tottaly go for it!! i started to notice results after the first 2 weeks!! i just wanted to get toned to.. i am 5'7' and weigh 118, so my abs look reallyyy good now. I have been doing pilates since christmas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic