Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The best time to take vitamins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best time to take vitamins
    Posted: January 21 2004 at 7:24pm

I was told that the best time to take vitamins is at night so it gives your body time to absorb them while your sleeping. Supposedly with the body slowing down it gets more out of the nutrients.
Any thoughts???

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 6:36am
I don't know about that. But I will tell you this: from someone that is currently taking whopping prenatal vitamins, I have to take them at night, or I get sick. I usually take them with a snack and a full glass or bottle of water (you need the water). This way, I'll be sleeping and won't feel the effects on my stomach.

Also, I take calcium supplements and have to space them apart from the other vitamin (iron interferes with calcium absorption, or vice versa--not sure which). So I try to take those in the afternoon with lunch.

Also avoid dairy products after taking a vitamin with iron, for the same reason.

And kudos to you for taking vitamins, they are so important, especially if you don't get all of your nutrients through food (which few people do today, unless they eat lots of organic and all the good stuff).

Elissa
It's a girl!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic