Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

an i underweight, if so, a lot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IpodBlush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IpodBlush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: an i underweight, if so, a lot?
    Posted: August 25 2004 at 4:46pm
I weight 90 pounds and I am 5 foot 4. I have small bones adn a fragile figure. Am i underweight? The thing is Im am kind of skinny except my stomch, im pretty sure i have musces under the fat. But what bothers me is my fat. I've tried to eat less and do crunches and sit up adn it doesnt work. i gained 20 to 25 pound this year, in the summer I weighed 65 to 70 adn was 5 feet tall.
Tippydippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippydippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 11:42am
A general rule is that you should weigh 100 pounds if your 5 ft, and add 5 pounds for every inch over 5 ft. That can change, depending on your body size. If your small boned, you'll weigh less then someone who may be the same height, but is large boned.

I would consult your doctor to see if he thinks you are underweight. Keep doing crunches, while also eating healthy foods, like veggies, fruits, yogurts, low-fat milk, low/no fat cheese, wheat bread...
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 12:33pm
If you recently grew 4 inches...I'm wondering how old you are. Try calculating your BMI (there are plenty of websites where you can find it) and see if you are in a healthy range for your height/weight.
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:07am
you're probably underweight. I'm like 5'4 (exactly 5'3 and 1/2) and i alternate between 95 and 98lbs and my BMI is 16.8 which is underweight
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:58am
I am Five eight, I carry about... 105 pounds... and the most I've ever weighed was a whopping 115.

I get the little belly pudge, and I am lazy. I don't want to do sit ups or anything but I found out that if I keep at it, I do tone down my stomach a little but if I stop, then she blows. You don't sound Underweight to me, but I can't say much since... look above.
~* Bambi Lee *~
stephanieann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 4:01pm
I'm about 5'4 and i used to weigh about 87 lbs, i felt wayyyy too skinny, so i started lifting weights and eating more often, now i weight 93lbs! my goal is to get up to 105...
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 9:07pm
Congratulations on your progress towards your goal, stephanieann.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
graciepoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graciepoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 10:24am
Well, my mom (when my she and my father first met) was about your height, maybe an ainch or two shorter and she wore a little girls size 12 or 10 and she weighed between 80-95 lbs. SHE had problems though. I am currently 5'6 and 150lbs, I carry it well though, It is all in mah butt and my chest...I have a flat stomach form doing 300 crunches adn bellydancing, so i am pretty happy with myself at the moment. I think that you should go to your doctor though like TippyDippy had suggested, only they can really tell you if your underweight seeing as we can't see you and even if we could see a pic of you, it would be hard still to determine. also, it might run in your family to be that small .  But seriously Consult your doctor and remember to eat healthy....
~~~Graciepoo~~~

"The forbidden Twinkie, national treasure of Fritaly..."-Ashley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic