Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Smell Do Ladies Desire ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Joe Black View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Smell Do Ladies Desire ?
    Posted: March 05 2004 at 9:36pm
I was just wondering what products do ladies prefer on a guy ? Whats the smell that makes you turn your head towards the guy ?
Only thing I use is deodorant and sometimes I put anything thats avaiable on, when going out on a date or something casual like that.
Plz Help :)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 1:14am
*laughs* Well, I'm not interested in guys, so I'm really not your target audience, but to me most perfumes meant for men don't smell very good-- too strong, or too musky, maybe? I dunno. I think it's better for people in general just to smell clean rather than smelling like some perfume or cologne.
The scents I do like, if people have to wear something, are usually more food-based, like vanilla, coconut, or berries. Yup, I'm a fat chick, all right :-P .
Just, whatever you do, don't wear anything strong and overpowering, no matter the gender. You can bother a lot of people that way.
More awesome than a manatee!
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 4:49pm
Most girls seem to REALLY like the combo of black sandlewood oil and Vanilla Fields perfume I wear.
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 3:12pm
I am utterly attracted to the "clean" scent on men, almost like freshly laundered clothing. I hate to admit it, but I used to work with a guy that smelled just PERFECT and I'd sniff him when he wasn't looking.

I asked him once and he said he used Tommy.
AngelFace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2004 at 6:01pm
I agree, I prefer my man to smell "clean", but my fave cologne on guys is Kenneth Cole "Black". I love that on my boyfriend! (which is probably why I bought it for him, lol) ..::vanessa::..
ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 1:32pm
It's so funny that you bring this up because just the other day I was talking to my mom and the subject of cologne came up when I was looking through one of her department store fliers and a few samples fell out. I commented that I think men's colognes are often over powering and not pleasant, which seems funny because I'm guessing guys where cologne in order to smell good, and no girlfriend wants to cozy up against a foul smelling boyfriend. I mean, when I buy my own perfume, I pick a scent that smells nice to me and that I like, so I think guys should do that (if they're in a relationship I mean), instead of just buying something they think is nice or something that's popular. I personally like the clean smell too, so I'd stick with anything with a light (and this can get sickening too) lemon smell, but don't pick something that smells like Lysol. I think that the Neutrogena Rainbath body wash smells great and herbal and it's a comforting refreshing smell that reminds me of someone I knew growing up. I only mention that because guys don't have to layer on cologne to smell good, if they just use nice scented bath products, they can skip the cologne. I love vanilla, but I don't know what I'd think of it on a guy, and I'd definitely recommend staying away from too sweet smells because that can get nauseating. Ralph Lauren Blue for women is nice, so maybe the men's version would be a good one to try. Sorry if this doesn't shed much light on what women like men to smell like, because that is entirely individual and there's no one right answer, but the best advice I can give you is to go easy on whatever you use, because cologne (and any fragrance) is meant to complement you and not be a substitute bath.
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 7:03pm
I've loves so many scents on guys. Calvin Klein, Ralph Polo Ferrari Black, Axe, Old Spice, Hollister Cologne for Him, and more.

My recent date to homecoming smelled awesome. It wasn't strong at all, and it had a nice clean scent to it, as well as a outdoorsy smell. Everytime I danced with him, I used it as a chance to smell him. =P
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 1:11pm
You know what's funny? I've only once smelled a cologne on a man that I didn't like...usually they ALL smell great! That one I didn't like was because it smelled like bug spray...so if you find one that smells like pesticide, don't go for that one! (Several women in our workplace told him he smelled like bug spray, so it really was unmistakeable).

On the other hand, I don't like the smell of most women's perfumes (being a woman). I'm very selective about which ones I would wear because so many just don't smell good to me. I guess they really do cater those things for the opposite sexes somehow!

What was said above is also very true. Less is more.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 9:00pm
Cologne has a lot more appeal to me too! I use a pretty cheap perfume from Hot Topic known as Fairy Dreams because it's not the light, flowery scent most female perfumes have. It's a more subtle scent.

But most guys do just smell good. I've ever liked the smell of laundry detergent from clean clothes on guys. =P
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 9:47am
boss has real goor perfumes "pour homme"

maybe cavali...hmm.....lot of em,but they shouldnt be to strong..
n use it moderatly...
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 12:45am
I love it when a guy wear "Pleasures for Men" It smells sooooo good!!!!
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 1:29pm
Hugo Boss for men without a doubt.
m.y.o.b
HeySunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeySunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 5:14pm
its awesome when guys smell like laundry
By the mall, buy them all!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:36am
I like Polo Blue on my husband.
[/url]

SarahLiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahLiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 1:27pm
I have always loved Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani, but recently my boyfriend has started wearing Very Sexy For Him 2 by Victoria Secrets, and I think I like it better than Acqua Di Gio.
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 9:20am
Definitely Pleasures for men. I knew a guy that wore it and the scent always stayed n my pillow and I LOVED it!!
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 7:20pm
UMMM,Let's see-lately it's burberry-beyond paradise-gucci,rush and style by ralph lauren,But I like vanilla fields!
Ella again View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 12:14am
Me again, I think I have to update my list to include what another poster said, and add that fresh laundry smell. Maybe it''''s because I grew up in a house of all women that I didn''''t get into the whole loving cologne thing, but I have to say that I prefer a guy to smell good but like he didn''''t really try to. That make sense? Personally, I don''''t like guys who primp or go out of their way to look great or who are too into how they look. Appearance is important, but I don''''t want a really polished looking guy and I prefer it when guys smell more natural. There''''s no bigger turn off than a chemically cologne poured on with a liberal touch. Uck! Gross. Give me a guy who smells like Tide and Downey any day. Lol. Well, not just those two, but you get my point. Minimalism is good. But that doesn''''t mean b.o. is a turn on either. There''''s natural and then there''''s just nasty. But, that''''s just my two cents.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 6:55am
I prefer unscented, because the alternative is not usually an expensive scent delicately applied, but rather a heavy application of cheap cologne that smells like cheap deoderant. It's what older guys with no class do when they think they're going to impress younger women, so that's what it makes me think of.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:57am
Armani Mania for men ALWAYS drives me NUTS! I had a friend who wore it and when I worked in a perfume shop I just loved to stop and smell it. Also GREAT are Higher by Dior (apparently my friend always gets lots of female compliments when he wears it) and Chanel Platinum Egoist (sorry if my spelling is wrong)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic